Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with selecting alternative components

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all, I'm just tying up some loose ends on some college stuff and something I still have to do is to find three replacement (more modern) components for the following ( I think TTL) IC's:

From a fair amount of googling, I have failed to return much infomation about these IC's, hence Im struggling to find more modern replacements.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi all, I'm just tying up some loose ends on some college stuff and something I still have to do is to find three replacement (more modern) components for the following ( I think TTL) IC's:

From a fair amount of googling, I have failed to return much infomation about these IC's, hence Im struggling to find more modern replacements.

Thanks in advance for any help!

hi,
All the devices are older TTL.
The 7404 is a hex inverter, the 7414 is also an hex inverter, but has Schmitt inputs.
The 7400 is a quad 2 input, NAND gate.

Equivalents can be found as 74LS04 74LS14 and 74LS00

Last edited:
Hi Eric!

Thanks very much for that, great stuff.

Just for my own knowledge, what are the main differences between the outdated and the more modern IC's?

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Hi Eric!

Thanks very much for that, great stuff.

Just for my own knowledge, what are the main differences between the outdated and the more modern IC's?

Thanks again!

hi,
The LS tells the story, Low power Schottky
Lower power consumption and faster switching.

There are a range of 74HC and 74HCT devices that use even less power also CMOS types HEF4049 [7404] HEF40106 [7414] and HEF4011 [7400]

Try Datasheet & Application Note Database, PDF, Circuits, Datasheets | Datasheet Archive for datasheets of specific IC's

Also this is handy:
http://www.interfacebus.com/voltage_threshold.html

Last edited:
There are a range of 74HC and 74HCT devices that use even less power also CMOS types HEF4049 [7404] HEF40106 [7414] and HEF4011 [7400]
Just to be clear, the 74HC and 74HCT devices are CMOS types as well, but are faster and have a lower operating voltage range then the old 4000 series devices.

Just to be clear, the 74HC and 74HCT devices are CMOS types as well, but are faster and have a lower operating voltage range then the old 4000 series devices.

hi Carl,
My post does say 'also CMOS types'.
I have suggested to the OP that he gets the required datasheets and I have posted a web link.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back