Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Display / LCD 240x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocamaneca

Hello
I really need help.
I have a Roland G1000 piano, and it has a LCD 240x64 with 14 pins.
The delaer dosen´t has it to sell
Can you help me, telling me wich one I should buy, and how I can make the connections?
Best regards
Jorge

Attachments

• IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 471
  • Roland G-1000 LCD circuit.pdf
    118.9 KB · Views: 306
Any Toshiba driven 240x64 will do as long as it has a CCFL backlight!!

They are getting a bit thin on the ground now, but if you can source 5V to drive an LED model..
You may need to swap out the side connector!!

Does the unit still display and just the backlight is out? The way you can tell is plug the display back in, and shine a light from the side with a flashlight. If you see characters, it could be the CFL.

Hi Ian Rogers
I need help because i am not an expert. My problema is, my LCD only has 14 pins and the news has 20 or 22 pins

I aattached more photos and the diagram

Attachments

• IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 485
  • LCD.jpg
    LCD.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_4.jpg
    IMG_4.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 534
Hi Overclocked
The unit displys the problema is only with the display has alot of white áreas and lines.
The back lights work
I send some photos

After studying your schematic it seems like the controller is not on the graphic display..

The chip labelled "LCD BLOCK" can you tell me what written on it!!

As this chip has the RD,WR, RST and CD + the data bus... It may be possible to hook a normal display to these pins.

This depends on the controller chip!!

Do you think with this one it will work?

How do I know how to make the proper connections?
If you are not comfortable doing it, I suggest don't.... If you trawl ebay you may get lucky..

Ian Rogers,

Could you help me to find the display for this keyboard? I tried with topwaydisplays but it is outdated without controller.

Thanks!!
Same here! If it were mine I would try connecting the display to the other side of the LCD block. Risky if you don't know what you are doing..

If you contact New Haven Display's they may help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back