Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Altera Cyclone III configuration problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

Hi,

I'm tried to make a development board for the Cyclone III, most of it works as far as I can tell without the FPGA.

My problem is with the FPGA configuring after I have downloaded the configuration file to the serial memory. Referencing this document I can tell what stage the FPGA is in when powering up. Well nothing happens. The FPGA just sits there with NCONFIG at 1.5V, CONFIG_DONE at 0V and NSTATUS at 0V.

I think there may be something wrong with the FPGA as NCONFIG isn't at 0V, when I pull it low to reset the device and attempt to restart the configuration it drops a little to 1.2V.

I have gone over the pins and connection scheme and unfortunately haven't found any problems!

Attached is my schematic, it has some errors but I have made a rev1.1 schematic and changed those. One of those is the schematic says I'm using 1MB of memory when I'm using 16MB. I show rev1.0 as this is the revision of the board I'm working on.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• EP3C5E144C8N_DEVBOARD_rev1.0.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back