Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with algorithm

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of 8051 issues and how it deals with larger than 64K flash devices. I do not envy you.

What you're asking is almost an automatic makefile script, which moves things at the linker stage. Surely though, there's a reason for the banks, and this "linker wrapper" or whatever you wanna call it, can't just reassign anything it wants? Certain functions need to be in certain banks?

Also to do this, we need to know how your makefile/linker file looks and works? IE: Examples of them. I know you said you're using your own architecture, but that fact really doesn't help us here. To me there are too many unknowns to really help you out.

Many years ago (say, 25 or so) I knew a programmer that worked for a company that did secret military contracts and his description was somewhat similar to what I've read here.

The software project was handed down to individual groups that were not allowed to discuss what each other was doing with each group doing a different "module" - all of which had to work together. What they got were just the specifications of each others' modules (I believe that it was largely C or a related language) handed to them by yet another group that oversaw the entire project.

What surprised me was that if there was something about interfacing to another module that was causing a problem they COULD look at the other groups' code, but doing so involved just one person going into a secure room, observed by a security officer where they could LOOK at the code but not take any notes!

For some reason, projects in this environment took significantly longer than projects of similar complexity that he'd done in other environments and the end product required a lot of work with the QC folks before it could be released.

I can't imagine why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back