Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help wiring a Bodine eletric motor 115vac 1 phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugger1978

I have a Bodine ECI-58E2 AC motor that has 1 red, 1 white, 1 green, and 2 blues. both the blue wires go straight to the capacitor (that's how it came) with the capacitor having a single red dot on the left lead. Any idea on how to wire this thing? Here's a picture.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for any help!

Rather than play a guessing game I would suggest you contact Bodine Electric Company and provide all of the data on the motor name plate. Leave nothing out. Bodine is generally very good about getting back to people with their data sheets on their products. It looks like a parallel shaft gear motor and could be off the shelf os a once special order. You can start with the link I provided and try a few searches, I did not get anything with the numbers you provided.

I see things pointing to BODINE ECI 58E2 154 RPM MOTOR but the net nanny here at work is killing me. :) I can't get to a data sheet.

Ron

Last edited:
I did contact Bodine Electric and they sent me to www.emotor.com. I talked with Greg over there and he was extremely helpful. Even sent me the orginal OEM purchase order from the company who ordered those motors which happened to be Zerox. Unfortunately the order had it wired to only run one direction and is not reversable (at least without taking it apart). But at least I can still use it for what I need, which is to power a grain mill for homebrewing, lol.

Greg also informed me that green is ground, white neutral, and red power. Works great. Thanks everybody for the assistance. Cheers!

Glad it worked out for you. I suspected based on the part number and image it was a special order item. I have always found Bodine to have excellent support.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back