Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to make 10mH tank circuit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

Going to make lightning detector but difficult wind almost 10mH inductor choke to receive 300KHz RF from lightning strikes. Can't I make an inductor just like an AM Radio Receiver Inductor Choke? Can anybody recommend me about wire gauge, turns to wind 10mH choke over ferrite rod of AM radio?

hi,
You can buy ready wound ferrite rods for the old UK Long Wave frequencies

**broken link removed**

add a little extra capacitance across the LW coil for 300KHz

Last edited:
OH YES!! The original designer of this circuit is sending me this 10mH manufractured coil free of cost!!!
But the skill to wind such inductor is necessary for all. So do you have simple ferrite inductor simple calculator? I've found online calculator But that is not for beginner. That is hard to calculate. I've a simple software calculator for Air-core. There just I have to put Diameter, turns and length of inductor and will dispaly inductance. If I put inductance then will dispaly turns. Aren't there any such simple Ferrite inductor calculator?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back