Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required to complete ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yusuf. After reading the whole thread, i have still not understood why you want to time anything in this application.
You can continuously sense if there is water 24x7.
If water comes, Pump turns on.
If no water,Pump turns off.
If tank is full, Pump will be off whether there is water in the inlet or not.

You will also need to set a budget to your project.
You will need to find a place to fabricate your circuit and code it.
You cant end up buying everything.

Last edited:
@Yusuf

You are clearly determined to use a timer but are out-voted 5:1 regarding any timer being necessary. There is no point in checking every 30 mins to see if water is present, if you have a suitable sensor in the inlet pipe. You have been presented with other options. Why not go with one of those?

find the attached circuit using 4025 (two) and 4081, its very simple and can work as required. i dont know which kind of probe or sensor you use, you have to provide inputs as mentioned. the sensors i used is just two rods and the positive goes to the body of the metal tank

Attachments

• water controller.JPG
    water controller.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 122
find the attached circuit using 4025 (two) and 4081, its very simple and can work as required. i dont know which kind of probe or sensor you use, you have to provide inputs as mentioned. the sensors i used is just two rods and the positive goes to the body of the metal tank
Thats three sensors. Why do you need a tank low?

The idea of the "low" sensor is to add hysteresis to the "full" point so the pump doesn't short-cycle. If filling causes waves on the surface that's what will happen. Float-type switches often have a built-in hysteresis.

Ken

First I do not get the overwhelming desire to incorporate timers into this scheme.

You have a tank so why not measure the tank level using a simple, cheap (inexpensive) pressure sensor like for example a widely sold (Digi Key, Mouser and others) Honeywell 24PCAFA6G is a 0 to 1 PSIG sensor and 0 to 1 PSIG is 0 to about 27 inches of water or 0 to 6.72540057 kPa = 0 to 685 mm. Taller tank get a 5 psig sensor. Unamplified sensors like this run about $25 USD and I am sure Chinese imports can be had for less. Amplify the output and use a comparator or get fancy, whatever.

Worried about running a pump dry? Get one of these or similar flow switch. The FMS-1 series is inexpensive and distributed worldwide. That or place a pressure switch at the pump inlet. Either way you can allow or inhibit the pump running when there is no water to pump. Using an upstream pressure sensor makes sense as you inhibit the pump and when water is available it runs.

While a PIC is a great logical choice, if you can't program a PIC then use discreet components. The pressure sensor has a mV output that is proportional to water level in the tank. Another sensor at the pump inlet tells you if water is available.

Just My Take
Ron

Last edited:
Friends I am out of station ...
As I will come home back I will reply to all....

Well thanks for your reply..

As I will be back I will reply all to all...
:)

Hi....... guys I am back..........
And very very very very.................................... thanks for all for replying....
I love you all....
Reloadron , KMoffett , 4pyros , mbarazeen , alec_t , abchopra........

I am very thankful to all..

I have completed my all circuit diagram and it is working properly as I have deserved..

I have attach the complete circuit diagram in my attachment...

please have a look...

But one thing I doesn't understand ... how to solve that one...
Here you can see there is two relay...
Relay1
and Relay2...

I dont want to add relay2..
I want to replace it with some kind of circuit so that it can switch it at regular interval without relay..
But by removing relay2 working should be exactly be same..... as with relay2...

THANKS IN ADVANCE... :)
lOVE YOU ALL

Attachments

• My Project.jpg
    My Project.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 121
If you put a NOT gate to the control signal of Relay 2 and then AND both(Relay1 and Relay2) control signals, you'll get the same output using one relay.

I have completed my all circuit diagram and it is working properly
Are you sure? As shown, the inputs of gate 7 in the Control Circuit are wired permanently high, so it won't influence the Timer Circuit. The outputs of paralleled gates IC1B, IC1C and IC1D are shorted to ground instead of going to the gate 7 inputs. Unless C1 in your Timer Circuit (which I and other posters haven't managed to persuade you is unnecessary :)) is very low leakage you won't get a 30-min time period.

If you put a NOT gate to the control signal of Relay 2 and then AND both(Relay1 and Relay2) control signals, you'll get the same output using one relay.

It will be better friend if you post circuit.....

Are you sure? As shown, the inputs of gate 7 in the Control Circuit are wired permanently high, so it won't influence the Timer Circuit. The outputs of paralleled gates IC1B, IC1C and IC1D are shorted to ground instead of going to the gate 7 inputs. Unless C1 in your Timer Circuit (which I and other posters haven't managed to persuade you is unnecessary ) is very low leakage you won't get a 30-min time period.
It is working properly alec....
Please have a look on the problem which I have posted above with my circuit diagram...

Are you sure? As shown, the inputs of gate 7 in the Control Circuit are wired permanently high, so it won't influence the Timer Circuit. The outputs of paralleled gates IC1B, IC1C and IC1D are shorted to ground instead of going to the gate 7 inputs. Unless C1 in your Timer Circuit (which I and other posters haven't managed to persuade you is unnecessary ) is very low leakage you won't get a 30-min time period.
It is working properly alec....
Please have a look on the problem which I have posted above with my circuit diagram...

It is working properly alec..
If you say so. I'm unconvinced.
Please have a look on the problem which I have posted above with my circuit diagram
I've looked. Abchopra has provided a solution in post #49. If you removed the timer you wouldn't have the problem either ;-)

I've looked. Abchopra has provided a solution in post #49. If you removed the timer you wouldn't have the problem either ;-)
Alec can you provide me the circuit as Abchopra has said ... because I can't understand properly without circuit...
I have CD4093 IC..

you have complicated everything, it seems you are not convinced about not using a timer, 2nd your diagram is not easy to follow.

you have complicated everything, it seems you are not convinced about not using a timer, 2nd your diagram is not easy to follow.

Friend I want to use timer.......
And all the information I have provided with circuit diagram...

where you are getting trouble ... friend.. :)

Last edited:
Alec can you provide me the circuit as Abchopra has said .
You've already asked Abchopra for the circuit. Wait and see what he/she provides. I didn't fully understand what he/she was suggesting so I'm not well placed to provide the circuit.

Ok Alec...
I will sure wait for Abchopra...

But Alec My circuit is working very good as I was deserving....

I dont understand why did you didn't understand..
If any question you can ask me... ? freely ???
By the way you are my best............................. friend...
:) :) :)

Last edited:
find the schematic correction required to remove a relay. i just showed the required part of your circuit only.

best of luck..

Attachments

• removing a relay.JPG
    removing a relay.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 122
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back