Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help required identifying a manufacturer's logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyboy2

Hi,

I would really appreciate your help in identifying who the manufacturer is for the transformer - see attached picture (I'm guessing it's there logo at the top) - or even better where I could buy a replacement.

Seems to be produced around year 2000 - no idea if it's a custom build transformer though.

The size on the side states E1 48x20.8mm

Many thanks.

Attachments

• transformer1.JPG
    transformer1.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,447
Have you measured the output voltages?

I can tell you that the input is 220-240V. But as the primary has failed I can't measure the secondary output voltage.

The bridge rectifier is a DF01 035A, but I've no idea how to determine what the secondary voltage should be. I was hoping to be able to determine this from the supplier of the transformer perhaps?

That's a bit of a bummer, the chances are that even if you found the maunfacturer they wouldn't be able to help you since they probably make many transformers with different outputs with the same coil former.

Is it a single 220V-240VAC primary or two 110-120VAC secondaries?

If it's the latter then the chances are that only one of the primaries is broken. You could try connecting one of the secondaries up to 1VAC then measuring the voltage at one of the primaries and the other secondaries and calaculating the turns ratio.

What does this transformer power?

Have a look at the components on the secondary side, what are their voltage ratings? Are there any voltage regulators like the 7805 or LM317? You might be able to guess what voltage is required.

Many thanks guys. I've seached through all the logos but can't find the logo - I know there are some companies who only produce transformers and not semiconductors (most of these logos are for semi conductor manufacturers).

Unfortunately, it's a single primary and a single secondary (the primary has a thermistor as there are no internal fuses). The downstream components range from 16v to 50v, but there is another rectifier downstream (DF04M).

The transformer powers a bt ac 4600 soundstation conference phone - same as the polycom one. No idea if anyone has a schematic?

billyboy2 said:
the primary has a thermistor as there are no internal fuses
Are you sure it's a thermistor?

Think about it, why would there be a thermistor on the primary?

Is there any switching before the primary?

What's it connected to?

It's probably in series with the primary.

It isn't a thermistor, it's more likely to be a thermal fuse.
**broken link removed**
Does is look like this?

The chances are it's open circuit is easy to replace and the primary isn't broken.

The downstream components range from 16v to 50v, but there is another rectifier downstream (DF04M).
16V filter capacitors?

I would guess between 6 and 9VAC.

Is there more than one secondary?

Could be CID or Double D or D&D
This one is bugging me. I have to find it!
Here are some that I have seen.

Attachments

• CID and DD LOGOS.gif
    CID and DD LOGOS.gif
    73.1 KB · Views: 6,654
Last edited:
Well it doesn't look like the thermal fuse you posted a picture of, it says s3 um1 250v 1a 130 degrees C and it's black.

I can confirm that the primary is dead also, as bypassing the PTC device (which protects the transformer against over temperature in the event of a short circuit or overload condition) also shows the primary is dead.

The first capacitor after the first rectifier is 50V. There is another smaller transformer on the board, which I assume the other rectifier is used for.

Hotwaterwizard, your suggestion that it could be CID, D&D or DD seems plausable, if you turn it on it's side it could be PD or ED perhaps?

billyboy2 said:
Well it doesn't look like the thermal fuse you posted a picture of, it says s3 um1 250v 1a 130 degrees C and it's black.
It sounds like a thermal fuse to me.
Like this?
**broken link removed**

I can confirm that the primary is dead also, as bypassing the PTC device (which protects the transformer against over temperature in the event of a short circuit or overload condition) also shows the primary is dead.
Try bypassing both the thermal fuse and the PTC device, only then can you guarantee that it really is dead.

The first capacitor after the first rectifier is 50V.
What type of capacitor is it?

What's its value?

Are there any voltage regulator ICs connected to it?

What about the other ICs on the board?

Yep, looks like the black one. Maybe it's a thermal fuse!

I've managed to get hold of a working module - slightly different. But the secondary has 25V AC, the DC is 31.7 on the 50V capacitor.

So any idea where I can get a single primary, single secondary transformer, with a termal fuse and about 12 or 25 va (guessing here as the rectifier has a max of 1 amp according to the specs)

BTW, I've bypassed the termal fuse, tried to measure the copper wire on the primary but it was dead.

RS Components, Farnell, Digikey, Radioshack, Maplin.

But we can't really know what you'll have in your area because you haven't filled your location in!

Also note that it's probably actually a 24V transformer and it's quire acceptable for it to read 25V especially at light loads and when the mains voltage is quite high.

After many hours of searching I finally found it.

**broken link removed**

For information, this site seems to be a good source for transformer manufacturers, if anyone needs it in future.

**broken link removed**

Thanks for all your help/support anyway...!

UPDATE
I Emailed the company that made this transformer. Here is a copy of the response.

To: Hotwaterwizard@aol.com
Cc:
Bcc:
Subject: RE: Datatronic Distribution Inc. PT72560 1403-03454-001 0043PRC
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 8:27 AM

Hi John,

My apologize, however this is a custom part and any request for information regarding
this particular part needs to come from a representative of the company that commissioned
the build of the part.

Thank you

Best regards,

Jennifer Sarjent

Datatronics

951-928-7700 - ext 711

951-928-7701 – Fax

Jennifer_Sarjent@Datatronics.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips