Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEE mason

Hi

I really appreciate your time and wanted to ask if the following was possible...

I have a 50ah battery pack (lipo) that has various output ports and voltages. These are as follows...

DC Output current 5V/8.4V/9V 3A (max) 12V/16V(compatible 16.5V)/20V (compatible 19v,19.5v)4.7A(max)
USB Output current 5V/9V/12V 3A(support fast charging)
TYPE-C Output 5V 3.5A(can charger MacBook)

I want to use one of these outputs to charge a 12v 10ah lead acid baterry. However although I'm not that great with electronics I understand it would require 16v to charge and have some type of charge controller? This would control the charging of the battery with a visual indicator also available.

Now that's what to want to do, is it possible? Is there something out there presently that you know of that would solve my conundrum?

I'm really sorry of this is a silly question. I have googled this quite intensively with no luck. I could be using the wrong keywords...

Many thanks for your time

Welcome,

How fast do you want the LA to charge? If you say "as fast as possible", then you will have to

Hi LEE,

I suggest that your best bet would be to connect a switch mode charger board to one of the voltage outputs from your LiPo power pack.

You could even use a standard switch mode 1A converter board set to produce an output voltage around 14.6V.

spec

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips