Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help! Need advice how can I enhance my peltier setup (aside from adding booster) to increase output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purp17

Hey you guys. I badly need help for my school project. I can only produce .8 Max voltage from my 3 peltier module-series setup. How can I enhance the voltage aside from using booster? I'm afraid to add more heat at the bottom because I had experience once my module exploded due overheat. Kindly See attached files

Attachments

• IMG_20201216_120715.jpg
    IMG_20201216_120715.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20201216_121641.jpg
    IMG_20201216_121641.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20201216_120743.jpg
    IMG_20201216_120743.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 182
It looks like the "cool" side is still above the heat source; that should ideally be in a separate air stream or duct, so heat is taken away as effectively as possible.

Also try cleaning the modules & removing labels etc. then adding some grease or heatsink compound between the module surfaces and the aluminium block / heatsink.

The more effective the heat transfer in and out, the more output you will get.

Remember, the output of the peltier module is based on the difference in temperature of the two sides. Not the absolute temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back