Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help modifying an FM transmitter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danlab

Can you kindly check my PCB design for my project from your FM TRANSMITTER circuit. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
open
open
open

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG PCB.PNG

Welcome to ETO, danlab!

Please provide a schematic for your circuit - it'll be a lot easier to read than transposing from your PCB (which looks good, BTW, at least at first glance...)

Also, please note that this thread is >12 years old. Might be best to start your own thread.

audioguru is still around. Not sure about draco_james

audioguru is still around. Not sure about draco_james
draco_james was last seen here in August 2005.

Might be best to start your own thread.
If this discussion is going to develop, one of the moderators could easily split off the new posts into a new thread. (Looks like I could be talking myself into a little job there!)

My comments on the circuit board layout:
1 All the transistors appear to be the wrong way round. ie Collectors to 0v line.

2 The 0v line is isolated from the mass of copper marked ground. It would be better if the ground absorbed the 0v line.

3 interesting use of terminal blocks to represent a coil.

JimB

New thread started.

Well done!
JimB

Danlab sent me a "conversation" asking if a line level stereo to mono input modification of my FM transmitter could use a microphone. Since I cannot attach anything in a "conversation" I asked him to make a new thread in the forum.
Here is my FM transmitter with an electret mic and it was made on stripboard. Also here is a pcb of it that I never checked.
I tweaked its parts values to get a very good RF sinewave.

Attachments

• FM tx mod4 pic and schematic.jpg
    FM tx mod4 pic and schematic.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 133
  • FM_MOd4_Transmitter.JPG
    FM_MOd4_Transmitter.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 128
  • FM transmitter tweaked.png
    FM transmitter tweaked.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 115
Thank you for answering my questions guys. Starting to build the transmitter.
However, the voltage regulator LM2931 isn't available here. Can i use LM1117 or LM7805 as a substitute? Will it work the same? Thank you very much for your help

The voltage from a 9V alkaline battery is 9V only when it is new and has not been used. Its voltage slowly drops to 4.8V when it is said to be dead.
The LM2931-5 is a low dropout 5V voltage regulator that still regulates when the input from the 9V battery has dropped to about 5.25V.
A 7805 stops regulating when its input has dropped to about 7V which happens soon.
An LM1117 stops regulating when its input has dropped to about 6.1V.
Low dropout regulators need a pretty high value output capacitor for stability as shown on the datasheet.

Attachments

• 9V alkaline, 53mA load.PNG
    9V alkaline, 53mA load.PNG
    7.8 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back