Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me for home made power saver

Status
Not open for further replies.

dilan silva

hello everyone i heared about power saver device that reduce electric usage 30% is that real?

if yes, then please give me an idea for build once

please help me

thanks
bye

No it's not real., it's just a con. Such devices supposedly correct the power factor, but you're not charged for that anyway on domestic metering. Also modern LCD TV's have internal power factor correction anyway.

actually about 11% power can be saved.. ( i think ) by power factor correction capacitors)

I have done power factor correction using capacitors because they made enough difference to change the size of the wires and circuit breaker on some big horsepower air conditioners. There is a purpose, but it is not about changing the $$$ on your electric bill.

actually about 11% power can be saved.. ( i think ) by power factor correction capacitors)
It saves NO POWER.

Please stop spreading false informaton.

Power factor correction (capacitors) can reduce the portion of the current which is not used as power by an industrial load of OLDER motors. A residential customer CANNOT use power factor correction save on his electric bill for several reasons:

1) Most of our load is near unity (lamps, modern appliances.)
2) Any others have a varying or unspecified power factor and we have no way of measuring it.
3) Most of our non-optimal power factor, if any, (Old PCs and entertainment eqp't.) is harmonic and cannot be fixed with a simple capacitor.
4) POWER FACTOR IS NOT CHARGED TO RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back