Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[help] making a 24v supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuljin

i have quarries :----

1. Someone told me that it is possible to make a 24V supply using a 12v transformer but he didnot know how to make it properly to get a 24v dc output correctly. can anyone help me to build a 24V supply(1 Ah current) ??

2. Suppose i have a 24V supply, then how can i get a 20V output from it ???

please help me !!! thanks anyways

rahuljin said:
i have quarries :----

1. Someone told me that it is possible to make a 24V supply using a 12v transformer but he didnot know how to make it properly to get a 24v dc output correctly. can anyone help me to build a 24V supply(1 Ah current) ??
You build a voltage doubler or a SMPS to boost the the 12v to 24v

2. Suppose i have a 24V supply, then how can i get a 20V output from it ???
Use a LM317 adjustable voltage regulator or a similar type.

please help me !!! thanks anyways

Does this help.?

thanks for the reply !!! i want to know how to convert 12v to 24v with a voltage doubler ??? i dont have any idea about it !!!

rahuljin said:
thanks for the reply !!! i want to know how to convert 12v to 24v with a voltage doubler ??? i dont have any idea about it !!!

Look here:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

rahuljin said:
thanks for the reply !!! the links are really helpful !! the second one is for ac !!

i found a link also---
https://www.elecfree.com/circuit/inverter-converter/voltage-doubler-x2-circuit-with-icl7660/

is the circuit OK beacuse i want an output of 24V with 1A current !!! i hav an 12v adapter with 1A current !!!!
i hav to bring a 2A 12V adapter for the output of 24V with 1A current ???

hi,
You did say in your OP that it was a 12v transformer... not a dc psu.

I would suggest a SMPS to boost from +12Vdc to +24Vdc.

The ICL7660A has a max allowed supply voltage of 12.0V.
It can make a negative output of 10V with a current of only 40mA.
Then you will have 22V at 40mA.

Whether the voltage doubler will deliver such currents like 1Amp at 24V?

As rightly pointed out by Audioguru, we may have to look for better converters.There from Viper50 etc, from ST Micro, and LNK switch from Power Integration Inc for converting 12 to 24.

24 to 20 conversion for 1 amp load, LM317 will suite, but needs a good heat-sink.
If it is for end use and one off, (not a project work) It is also possible that Rahuljin can use Pinter power adapters, as they are available for a throw away price and are available at 20V and 19V also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back