Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEllO
I have a stepper motor
stp-42d208
1.8DEG/STEP 2.6V 1.2A
taken from a copier
and I cannot find it's datasheet
Can anyone help me to deal with this motor also tell the maximum ratings ?
Thank u in advance .

Do you realize you've asked for the datasheet for a stepper motor that you've listed the full specifications for?!

Voltage ratings on steppers can be ignored in general as long as the voltage is well bellow the insulation breakdown, it's more important to watch the current, and even that can be drastically over rated for short periods of time if you monitor the temperature.

Seem to be a nema 17 size motor, around 42mm x 42mm. Unipolar if it has 5 wires, bipolar if it has 4. Could be used as bipolar or unipolar if it has 6 or 8 wires. But I think that it has 6 wires.

At 1.2A it is rated pretty high for such a small motor. I suppose that It should be strong.

Last edited:
yes u r right, it has 6 wires and it's colors respectively are (yellow,red,orange,brown,white and black)
but
How can I specify the ground wires and the others ? and How can I make it rotating left and right ?

Yeah, that one's been kicking around for 10+ years, I don't tend to save bookmarks I end up with too many => If anything is important enough to remember or need to revisit I kind of automatically remember the search terms in Google that allowed me to find a site. I find it a good way to remember important sites, because if you can't remember it it must not be that important =>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back