Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] C/N (carrier to noise) for CATV signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

trungkstn

hi everybody
I research how to measure C/N (carrier to noise) for CATV signal buy using a microcontroller or anything else. I searched and read some documents and i see that spectrum analyzer uesed normally to measure this ration. But i dont see any project imply about spectrum analyzer with RF frequency (about 50-900MHz). But i feel there is a way simpler than spectrum analyzer. So, i want to ask every in this 4rum for guide, supporting and help me.

If you feel there is a way, then I would love for you to suggest it, and the methodology behind it. No one's really done better than the spectrum analyzer for broad band signals.

Thank Sceadwian
I search google and i found some examples. But i want use microcontroller (AVR, PIC or dsPIC or 8051 ...). Really speaking, i can not find any project like this (for broad band signals because of i want to measure c/n in catv). With microcontroller, i see that FFT is methodology used. But i confuse to do how microcontroller can process signals in broad band.

There is no confusion, what you want to do simply can't be done with what you are proposing to use. Micro controllers can not do broad band spectrum analysis.

If having some profesional ic, i think that is possible. Example: you can search "Low-cost 2.4GHz spectrum analyzer" you can see that. Thank a lot.

The professional IC's have nothing to do with micro controllers, they're used in FAR more complicated boards to realize their possible function.

Look up low cost 2.4ghz micro controller based spectrum analyzer, and find me a link that make sense =)

There are none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back