Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - just a quick introduction

I'm starting to dabble more and more into electronics and I'm really looking to understand it all - so I'll be asking a lot of questions :)

I have been playing a lot with the Parallax Propeller Microcontroller and I like it a lot - and I'm currently working on a Halloween prop that's going to use it as it's controller :)

Check out my site if you're interested in CNC stuff, 3D Printers, metalworking, etc... I have a lot of hobbies and I post up all my projects there - most recently made my own circuit board milling it on my CNC machine :)

Jamie

Welcome to the forum, Jamie. Sounds like you've already done a lot of dabbling :).

Thanks Alec! Yes I've been dabbling for many years now but I never seem to get serious LOL

I think I'm starting to get more serious - I've picked up a TON of electronic components at an estate sale and that fired up the desire to really dive in, I've been doing the "maker" thing even before there was a name for it LOL but I really want to learn more about designing my own circuits and building my own boards and such

In other news - since I picked up so many components I wanted to keep track of them and share them with my other local enthusiasts so I wrote a website designed to keep track of my inventory and also allow my friends to look for parts and share and such - if anyone's interested in that I've made it Open Source so anyone can install it n their own server and such - check out www.makertrader.com - I don't have many "takers" on the sharing part yet but I've got a few people using it to manage their own inventory :)

Jamie

Hi and welcome to the forums...

If you really want to get serious, start learning math and circuit analysis. That will take you a long long long way and be interesting in itself too.
Just a quick tip :)

Thanks MrAl - I know of this thing you call "math" it's that thing I don't like to do LOL - but that brings up a good question.... I have learned Ohms' Law and such - but in reality do you guys use it a lot?

Yes.

Otherwise you have to post here rather often

Last edited:
Thanks MrAl - I know of this thing you call "math" it's that thing I don't like to do LOL - but that brings up a good question.... I have learned Ohms' Law and such - but in reality do you guys use it a lot?

Hello again,

Well math helps to understand the underlying theory behind many circuits even though we might also use a simulator. Using a simulator helps too, i dont know if you've tried that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back