Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hearing aids revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried simulating the schematic Audio GFuru posted

Looks like a better AGC circuit BUT valuers of C3, R7, R5, C2

Attachments

• all filters before.png
    all filters before.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 242
  • all filters after.png
    all filters after.png
    244.3 KB · Views: 275
Here is just the AGC section comparision

values for C3, R7, R5, C2??

Attachments

• audios AGC.png
    audios AGC.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 317
  • agc before.png
    agc before.png
    194 KB · Views: 265
Looks like a better AGC circuit
Why don't you understand that the inputs of an opamp must be biased properly or it won't work?
You copied an AGC circuit that uses a positive and a negative supply so that the inputs of the opamps are biased at 0V which is half the total supply voltage. Then the inputs (and outputs) can swing up and down with the audio signal.

But you are using only a positive supply. Each and every opamp (and maybe the Jfet) must also be biased at half the supply voltage but yours are biased at 0V which is the negative supply voltage. Then the input transistors of your opamps have no input bias voltage so they are turned off.

You do not need to use a split supply if you bias the opamps at half the supply voltage.

Would a split supply be easier?

Here is same but w/ split supply. Changed the op amps from OPA227 to OPA364
Might go with TLo74 as I have several on hand but total noise is alot more.

Attachments

• all new schematic w duel.png
    all new schematic w duel.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 240
  • total noise comparision.png
    total noise comparision.png
    179 KB · Views: 234
I discovered a new feature of the TINA software. I can play a wav file. The program has several different wav files, music, drums as well as speech.
Using the transient response I can load different files. Trying to figure out if it is better to embed the wav file or not.

There are so many things wrong with this new schematic that I am suprised that a simulation does anything.

Attachments

• hearing aids revisited1.PNG
    hearing aids revisited1.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 264
Pretty sure I have the schematoics right?

The peack detector is the one you posted and the BP section dosn't require a Voffset if using a Bipolar supply.
I got the wave file working but not sure if its right as it sounds the same reguardless of pot settings.

Attachments

• peak detector.png
    peak detector.png
    66 KB · Views: 235
  • voffset.png
    voffset.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 214
found missing connection Rf (R4 in Tina) to op amp output but the BP filter looks correct?

Had this printout and tried out

I found this under a bunch of circuit printouts and was curious.
Simulated and LOOKS like the out put audio lever stays constant
Your opinion
Audio limiter circuit schematic
I subbed an OPA134 and 9v split supply.
Added the pot (maybe not correct?)
Going to copy/paste onto the BP filter.

Attachments

• new audio level circuit.png
    new audio level circuit.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 215
You copied the Wien Bridge Sine-wave Oscillator circuit that I got from Texas Instruments. It doesn't have an input, it has a +2.5VDC reference voltage for the Jfet. The Jfet stabilizes the output amplitude. You didn't even copy the circuit correctly.
But you don't want an audio oscillator, you want an audio AGC circuit which is completely different.

Your highpass filter is missing the 13.7k resistor which is an important part of the highpass filter and it provides the offset voltage (with your split polarity supply the offset is 0V).

Attachments

• Wien Bridge oscillator 2.PNG
    Wien Bridge oscillator 2.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 217
things were acting funny yesterday

using the multimeter probe I wasn't getting correct supply voltages. Added poweer connections to all the op amps.
Switched to TL074 op ams as I have on hand. If you feel this circuit is correct I plan on etching a circuit board w/ mics and see how it works.

Attachments

• revised w batteries.png
    revised w batteries.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 230
  • screen shot of filters.png
    screen shot of filters.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 226
Going back to the OPA4134 (quad 134 op amp)
The noise, distortion etc is lower and going w/ all surface mount

Now your transistor T3 is an NPN with a negative voltage on its collector which is wrong. Use a PNP transistor instead.
Your bandpass filter looks good if you like the tinny and muffled sound of a telephone (what did you say??).

"Your bandpass filter looks good if you like the tinny and muffled sound of a telephone (what did you say??). "
The filter is the speech bandpass filter. Any suggestions on improving?
I was, am hopping the amp would take care of the volume?The last op amp is supposed to be a headphone amp
will change the transistor and post results

Attachments

• SBP filter.png
    SBP filter.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 224
A bandwidth of 300Hz to 2800hz is for spoken vowels by women or little kids. But speech is much more than just AEIOU vowels. It has many consonants with frequencies up to 14kHz like S, Sh, T, Th, C, F, H, K, P and many more.

Attachments

• Polycom effects of narrow bandwidth.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 182
downloaded TI-FILTERPRO software

input for a filter from 300hz to 7khz w/ center frequency of 3khz
Gassiun, etc. is kinda greek.
Any suggestions of what to input for this app
Here is the design report
Maybe you can make heads or tails of this report?
the software asks for filter type, frequency , etc.

Attachments

• filterpro report.png
    filterpro report.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back