Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

...headphone help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenrhook

emm... i am what you would call a beginner...and i need help soldering

i have a set of good quality headphones ...
...that i found...with the earphone jack severed (gone)

anyway... i bought a headphone jack/plug (?) from maplin.co.uk
as they have a shop near me... i also bought a soldering station... i have looked up tutorials on the basic principle of soldering.. and i get the general technique..

anyway.. the point is, my headphones have 3 wires.. red,white and yellow (positive negative and ground? ) ...which wire do i solder to which part of the jack/plug ? .. it's the standard (?) type...

if anybody can help me? ...i assume this is beneath most of yeee.. but hey i am a beginner...

pictures with arrows would be ideal and would definitely suffice.. but any help is definitely appreciated .. sites, turorial covering this specific topic.. etc

sorry no arrows , but i have pictures..!!

Attachments

• g.jpg
    g.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 347
  • g1.jpg
    g1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 332
  • g2.jpg
    g2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 342
this jack did not require any soldering..
any way find out which wires are which..
there should be two wires comming from the headphones with two wires inside them total of four ..two for each headphone,,
on the jack itself the longest one is the ground or common..

thank you for your help... you are most kind...

(...* the beginner ponders the idea of using spectacle screws instead of solder to ensure he can't funk it up to much*...)

tenrhook said:
thank you for your help... you are most kind...

(...* the beginner ponders the idea of using spectacle screws instead of solder to ensure he can't funk it up to much*...)
:D LOL :D

there should be two wires comming from the headphones with two wires inside them total of four ..two for each headphone,,

Shouldnt there be three wires? a common, and two positives? the common being connected 2 both headphones?

WoooHooo....

success... they are a little crackly.. but overall a result...
the headphones were free so even with buying the solder stuff i think i'm still making good.. ...and hey i soldered for the first time ever.... wonder what else i can do.. :D

thanks williB ..

and zach.. i think it can be either.. a crappy pair of earphones i took apart for experimentation had williB's setup.. but the ones i soldered had three wires.. anyway he explained it good enough for me ta figure it out, specially with the pics..

i'm gonna try out my ear lagging jackets some more... mmm toasty

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back