Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Harbor Freight 8" Mini Shear Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I recall that at least one other member is using one of these. Two questions.

The guide for bending slides on two rods and is held in place with two thumb screws. But the rods are free to slide in the lower bending die. How is the guide supposed to stay put once you adjust it?

What is the T-Block for?

Found this site which has the same product from several places with better manuals then the HF.
https://www.prc68.com/I/8MSB.shtml

To think I waited 2 1/2 years for that answer.

I purchased one shortly after the original post. So far it has only cut PCB's.

LOL ! Geeze ha ha.

I just purchased the same machine (under the "Sieg" brand, from Chronos in the UK), and found myself asking the same question.

This was the first post I found on the subject. However, I subsequently found the answer in the PDF instructions on the Micro-Mark site, so I thought I should share it with you. It's actually not very interesting at all, but here goes. This is what the manual says....

"Use T-block (38) as a gauge to set the bending blades into the ram. The smaller blades, when used in
combination, will then be located at the same height when installed. Place the T-block upside down in
the prism channel and lower the ram with loosened blades onto it. Then secure screws for alignment."

So, in short: "it saves using your fingers to set the bending blades up" Yawn! :rolleyes:

Sorry it's taken 3 1/2 years to improve on A-Team's answer - I expect 3v0 probably lost his T-block by now ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back