1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

Harbor Freight 8" Mini Shear Brake

Discussion in 'Robotics & Mechatronics' started by 3v0, Sep 11, 2007.

1. 3v0

3v0 Coop Build Coordinator Forum Supporter

I recall that at least one other member is using one of these. Two questions.

The guide for bending slides on two rods and is held in place with two thumb screws. But the rods are free to slide in the lower bending die. How is the guide supposed to stay put once you adjust it?

What is the T-Block for?

Found this site which has the same product from several places with better manuals then the HF.
    http://www.prc68.com/I/8MSB.shtml

2. A-team

A-team New Member

[​IMG]

I pity da fool that don't know what Mr. T-Block is fo'!

3. 3v0

3v0 Coop Build Coordinator Forum Supporter

To think I waited 2 1/2 years for that answer.

I purchased one shortly after the original post. So far it has only cut PCB's.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  4. dave

Dave New Member

5. Chippie

Chippie New Member

So in response to 3Vo's question are you going to enlighten us?

6. MrAl

MrAl Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

LOL ! Geeze ha ha.

7. Perro!

Perro! New Member

I just purchased the same machine (under the "Sieg" brand, from Chronos in the UK), and found myself asking the same question.

This was the first post I found on the subject. However, I subsequently found the answer in the PDF instructions on the Micro-Mark site, so I thought I should share it with you. It's actually not very interesting at all, but here goes. This is what the manual says....

"Use T-block (38) as a gauge to set the bending blades into the ram. The smaller blades, when used in
    combination, will then be located at the same height when installed. Place the T-block upside down in
    the prism channel and lower the ram with loosened blades onto it. Then secure screws for alignment."

So, in short: "it saves using your fingers to set the bending blades up" Yawn! :rolleyes:

Sorry it's taken 3 1/2 years to improve on A-Team's answer - I expect 3v0 probably lost his T-block by now ;-)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013