Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hamster powered phone charger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I heard about this, quite bizzarre, but not a bad idea. I mean, they used to attach horses to big wheels and make the walk in circles to turn a shaft which could then be used to do work. I guess this is a similar idea, just on a smaller scale.

Actually, one of our cats IS that big!.

But the count comes from our three cats, plus next doors cat which spends most of it's time in our house! (which we count as 'half' a cat).

No cat aculy dares to come here anymore becose my cats will get in a fight whith evry cat crosing our lawn.

One figth was realy fun to watch.My cat chased the other cat and jumped on it and they started to roll than the jumped toword each other and hit eah other while in the air... and so on

That got me laughing.It was just like an action film whith cats and whithout those special efects.

How economical is it really though? As in.... how much money would it cost to charge your mobile phone each month using the wall outlet compared to the price of hamster food? :lol:
(and if you charge it in the car, it's free!)

And for a 16 year old boy, why does he have a Winni the Poo cell phone cover? :shock:

plot said:
How economical is it really though? As in.... how much money would it cost to charge your mobile phone each month using the wall outlet compared to the price of hamster food? :lol:
(and if you charge it in the car, it's free!)

Assuming you've already got the hamster, then it's not costing you anything more, because the hamster will run round it's wheel regardless.

In a car, charging isn't 'free', any electrical load (lights etc.) uses fuel from the tank to charge, it's just that the engine consumption for moving the car is so large it swamps any electrical loads so you don't notice them.

And for a 16 year old boy, why does he have a Winni the Poo cell phone cover? :shock:

What's wrong with that? - I have a Starwars Chewbacca phone cover :lol:

plot said:

Nothing wrong with that :? I have Winnie and Tigger squeaking seat belt toys in my car....

I think I know y:p...

I think the D came bc our friend here didn't quite have a good performance in the whole course (Bad past tests and so...)

Maybe his teacher isn't too keen on animal explitation :?:

"I thought the wheel could be made to do something useful so I connected a system of gears and a turbine,"
What could the turbine be doing?

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never had an electronics project in school that was to simply build something... Usually there's alot of paperwork involved, cost analysis, parts list, market, operation, user manual, or whatever else... and that's probably where his overall project was lacking.

plot said:
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never had an electronics project in school that was to simply build something... Usually there's alot of paperwork involved, cost analysis, parts list, market, operation, user manual, or whatever else... and that's probably where his overall project was lacking.
... And ours, in my university, too :wink: :!: I have never seen any student taking part of his cost analysis to the course's advisor or so... There would be paperwork: report, parts list or so, but never market or cort analysis :p :? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back