Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide me to simulate Basic circuit on LTSpice IV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I am a beginner in electronics. I can draw a schematic on LTspice but failed on simulation. There are something mistake, i don't know what. I am also basic user of PC and english language too. So having trouble to learn from advanced explained books. So trying to find basic and small E-book where i can learn to just simulate basic circuits. Basic circuits like single transistor mic amplifier, 2 transistor FM tx, or LM7809 IC Simulation etc.
Anybody can help me by posting the link of such basic books, please...

It would be much better if you could post here the errors that you get, maybe along with the asc file.

Oh sorry, just few days ago the SMPS of my PC has break down! So I am unable to to show you that error message.
But it won't help me even if you correct this one mistake of mine becouse I realise that I know nothing about LTSpice Simulation. So decided to learn from basic. I think to learn LTSpice, some technical knowledge is also necessary. Do you have well explained basic online book or E book?

Have you tried the 'Help' function in LTSpice? It explains use of the simulator and includes some example circuit simulations.

Thanks for the compliment. The help files are not very intuitive, so I thought I would write my own.. Glad you like them

Thanks for the compliment. The help files are not very intuitive, so I thought I would write my own.. Glad you like them

I want to learn simple fm tx circuit, like having voice preamp, oscillator and amplifier to check its almost everything by simulating. It is RF related. I don't know your guide will guide me or not, I know nothing about LTSpice, and few in electronics. I would be very happy if i'd found an example of RF circuit simulation. :) Thank you

RF circuit simulation is tough for even pro.s to do. Not a good first project to learn simulation.

The big problem for simulation of RF circuits at 100MHz+ is that every wire is an inductor, every node has capacitance, every resistor has inductance, every capacitor has inductance, every P.C. trace is an transmission line, It cannot be modeled with simple lumped models...

RF circuit simulation is tough for even pro.s to do. Not a good first project to learn simulation.

The big problem for simulation of RF circuits at 100MHz+ is that every wire is an inductor, every node has capacitance, every resistor has inductance, every capacitor has inductance, every P.C. trace is an transmission line, It cannot be modeled with simple lumped models...

I have made few simple fm transmitter using quality PCB and got very high quality sound like professional FM stations! It's crystal clear and good range. I've little learned the basic considerations during pcb design to reduce unnecessary inductance and capacitance, so did as i learned to my tx. I don't want to ask lot of basic questions like components replacements to the export on this forum to make bore. So want to learn LTSpice.

I have made few simple fm transmitter using quality PCB and got very high quality sound like professional FM stations! It's crystal clear and good range. I've little learned the basic considerations during pcb design to reduce unnecessary inductance and capacitance, so did as i learned to my tx. I don't want to ask lot of basic questions like components replacements to the export on this forum to make bore. So want to learn LTSpice.

In my experience the best thing to do with ltspice is to model small portions of a larger circuit.

For example if you want to improve the amplifier part, just isolate that to the one (or few) transistors and modify component values to test the best setup. You can give it a stimulus input and measure the output of that one stage.

I did this recently for a small oscillator/buffer/modulator/power amp circuit. Broken into 4 pieces it was very easy to simulate, if I had tried to model the whole thing it would have been a mess.

In my experience the best thing to do with ltspice is to model small portions of a larger circuit.

For example if you want to improve the amplifier part, just isolate that to the one (or few) transistors and modify component values to test the best setup. You can give it a stimulus input and measure the output of that one stage.

I did this recently for a small oscillator/buffer/modulator/power amp circuit. Broken into 4 pieces it was very easy to simulate, if I had tried to model the whole thing it would have been a mess.

Yes! yes! Actually i want to do as you said. I want to check bias factor of each isolated stage by checking its voltage or current or frequency output or by seeing its wave form. Somethig like that.

I endorse edeca's method. If you try to model a complex circuit the simulation may run VERY slowly; much quicker to model parts individually, provided you allow for possible interactions between the parts.

I endorse edeca's method. If you try to model a complex circuit the simulation may run VERY slowly; much quicker to model parts individually, provided you allow for possible interactions between the parts.

So it is easy to model the audio circuits, but that leaves the 80% of the OP's circuitry which is all RF stuff...

that leaves the 80% of the OP's circuitry which is all RF stuff..
...which is tricky to model accurately. But if it's possible to break the 80% down into stages then the sim for a stage would still run faster than the sim for all of that 80% :)

I feel the most difficult thing is to insert simulation commands (simulation values) to simulate! It needs special advanced knowledge. Ex- for FM oscillator I learned the command from audioguru- ".tran 4045 4000 50p" (transient, Stop time, start data saving time etc...). I should have different types of values for audio amp simulation. :(

I feel the most difficult thing is to insert simulation commands (simulation values) to simulate! It needs special advanced knowledge. Ex- for FM oscillator I learned the command from audioguru- ".tran 4045 4000 50p" (transient, Stop time, start data saving time etc...). I should have different types of values for audio amp simulation. :(

From the top menu, does the "Simulate" -> "Edit Simulation Command" GUI help?

I don't know which values should I have to put as a simulation command, so I got failed while running. Because I am beginner of electronics in front of experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back