Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Modem Interfacing with PIC Microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success

Thanks for the support.
Now I am able to read my SMS continously on my LCD. It was a problem related to Serial communication. An overflow error was happening . Now I just clear the flag continously.And I can readthe SMS continously

thanks fo the reply...
can u pls tell me how much does a gsm module cost?
i've heard that F/M bus protocol used in nokia mobiles can be used an alternative to gsm modem?wat is ur opinion?

GSM Modem cost

The modem costs from 3000-5000/-for a single quantity.
I too read about the F bus. but haven't used it. We need only 4 wires for the communication. It will be easier if 3310/1100 is avialable

thanks...
does anybody else know more about F/M bus communication ..pls reply....
is it necessary to have an exta modem in the mobile for sending messages by AT commands...

Last edited:
hi Sathiesh Kumar

i have the same problem on interfacing between PIC and GSM , I'm happy for you as you solve it

Hi to all..
At last i have send the sms using a microcontroller .. thanx for all...

as the others help you on solving it , can you please send the code that run with you to all of us can use it
waiting for your replay
thanks in advance

Hi Kumar!
I am having problem as you did, that i can't able to read sms form the mobile!
Would you give me some advice
Thank in advance!!!!
(I use mikroc as you)

Hi,

I read this post. I am trying to do something similar. However I am using an IRIS mote which works on tinyos platform and I am trying to interface it with a GSM module (ADH8066) from sparksfun.
I have the GSM modem working with AT commands using hyper-terminal.
I also have the UART interface between the IRIS mote and the PC working with the mote sending AT commands to the hyper-terminal. However now when I connect the mote and the GSM modem, it does not work. I have checked the power supply for GSM modem which seems fine. All the baud settings are also correct.

I am not sure what I could be missing..Could it be something to do with CTS,DTR ?Can anyone please advise me as to how I should progress? It would be of great help.

help

Thanks for the support.
Now I am able to read my SMS continously on my LCD. It was a problem related to Serial communication. An overflow error was happening . Now I just clear the flag continously.And I can readthe SMS continously

im working on the same..will u plz send me ur code..this is a part of my final year project..

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't you write your own code?

All you need to do is learn how to send and receive from a UART.

If it's for a final year project then you should really be researching how to write it, not get someone else to write it for you, this is a forum to help people, not do their work for them!

However, I'm sure if you paid someone the would write your entire project for you!

This thread is basically 8 pages of RTFM!

Start with the AT Command set for your module, interface with Hyper-Terminal or something similar, then move the code to the micro!

I am trying to receive messages through gsm+pic on hyperterminal.i have already done with sending part.can anyone give me some idea how to proceed for receiving messages through gsm on hyperterminal...

@shuchi sahay

You can connect your GSM modem to PC and send SMS to the SIM within the modem and You can see the messages on Hyperterminal

hiii..

I am working on two way communication using GSM with pic16f877a microcontroller. I am able to receive msgs on lcd through gsm without reseting the microcontroller i.e one way communication.I have done with transmitting part also through gsm n able to receive msgs on mobile .now when i go for two way communication i.e receiving+transmitting at a time, its working nicely.But after each cycle i.e (receiving+transmitting) i need to take out the receiving pin of gsm,i reset microcontroller n den i again connect the receiving pin of gsm with microcontroller.after that i can again receive n further transmitt msgs.i dont want to do these changing of pins and reset controller ,physically.it should come mannually.so please help me regarding this problem.

Thanks With Regards.

shuchi sahay
BCS Innovations, bangalore.

project

hi.....I am also doing a project in which i will be interfacing a gsm modem with PIC microcontroller(16f877).
could u pl help me interfacing it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back