Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ground plane thing for names layer in Eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wond3rboy

Hi, i wanted to know whether there was any way one could have a fill like the ground plane on the top names layer(just to improve its look). Heres a picture of what i want to do.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 386
Creating a poly fill on tNames doesn't seem to work for what you want it to do (it seems to create a solid fill not a pour).

You will also run into issues with the fact that not all "silkscreen" information is on the tNames layer, some is on tValues or tPlace and sometimes also tDocu (for badly made parts).

If you are getting poor quality results from the silkscreen, I don't think adding a poly fill will help anyway. Try making the font size or proportion bigger instead, or post a photo of what doesn't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back