Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GPIO data transfering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDudde

Hello Everyone;

I want to add 3 devices to my arduino uno and I wanted to know how I can add it to the arduino to use the GPIO for data transfer.
Here is what I am thinking about:
1 gps module
1 magnetometer/compass
1 wifi transmitter

The idea is to connect all of those to my arduino and be able to send the gps and compass data through to the wifi transmitter to a wifi server(have already built/programmed it) that will be listening and logging the data.

Does anyone have some pointers where i should begin?

I was thinking about using some prebuilt modules, but everything i found uses rs232 and there is only 1 uart on the UNO and I am trying to stay away from the bit-bangin(software serial lib). However, as I said before, any help will be appreciated.

but everything i found uses rs232 and there is only 1 uart on the UNO
The mega has three... I'm pretty sure you can get all three in SPI format... The Arduino has a hardware SPI module

Hello Ian Rogers;

I did consider the mega; however, I have a size constraint. The uno is already pushing it; i planned to PCB a clone(just to reduce the footprint) of the uno to fit my purpose.

Thank you for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back