Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Goto" code

Status
Not open for further replies.
A GOTO can be used to go at an address(be it a subroutine or anything) but it can not 'call' a subroutine.Besides a lot of people i know prefer not to use GOTO(dont know why..dont see anything wrong with it).Never needed to use it yet. BRA does the trick.

Besides a lot of people i know prefer not to use GOTO(dont know why..dont see anything wrong with it).Never needed to use it yet. BRA does the trick.

Goto is only 'hated' in high level languages, in assembler it's perfectly fine - and in PIC assembler it's absolutely essential, you can't do anything without using it lots.

As a PASCAL programmer I'm particularly 'anti-goto', as it's really discouraged in PASCAL - in fact the only time I ever used it was in converting a Visual Basic program to Delphi, and I had to look up the syntax of how to use it, as I'd never previously done so.

Hi every body
..........happy new year..........
..........happy new year 2010..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back