Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Genetic Algorythim Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I have a idea for a spider robot, which will have 8 legs with 3 servos each , I have been studying and less a few details understand the advantages of learning networks, but i wonder how to encode the genome,24 servos isn't problem on its own, but my confusion lies because i need to think about timing, like when it needs to take the second half of step or a whole step.

or when servos need more time to position or have different start positions and may need to act differently,,, (ie different stroke cycle start pos) ,

would i have servo function roll out a full sized string, or should i make it do different length of cmd strings with terminator variables, or would it be better to break the array to have individual blocks for servo position & pulse repeat value, or with strides and steps that change for terrain types, or a string maybe for each servo,

or what if i want it to stand up, genome would need to be different if start pos is different. ie start pos laying down , starts in pos 0 while standing up starts in stroke pos 4 .. but both cases finish in pos8 ... would it need different cmd strings for different start points? ....since its half way through a step i dont want it to move backwards to pos0 if that part of the step is already taken,

just a pseudo code example of how to arrange the genome strings would help thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back