Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurlec order experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final update.

My package arrived today 30 Aug 07. All the parts are present and accounted for. It took approximately 28 days and over 5 emails to get the job done.

Nigel is right though, for the price can you really complain. Well yeah actually =) There's nothing wrong with these kinds of buisness practices if it saves you money, the problem is they don't warn you or give you any kind of useful information about what's really going on. It's more the lack of customer service that ticks me off.

Once the post office gets the package, I'd imagine it's kind of tough to keep track of on a world wide scale. Futurlec likely doesn't know any better then the rest of us, or even the postal services in various countries, where ever package is on a given day. I'd pay the extra shipping for UPS or FEDEX, if the gave the option. Would definately speed delivery, and you can get tracking directly off the web.

Why Futurlec ?

I am dealing wiht Futurlec because many shops i tried before either have minimmum limitations or send outside mails using Exprss companys. so for an order of $28 i have to add more than $50 for shipping.

For example i searched the net looking for "Press-n-Peel Blue Transfer Film" but not get any reasonable source. i need one or two sheets, why to get 20 for $33 and additional $33.00 for Global Express.

https://www.techniks.com/

As a hobby, i have plenty of time to wait. It just today i placed an order and not expecting it before the end of the month. I got used to it.

**broken link removed**

I know that link belongs in the PNP thread, but Pulsar had an interesting note about international shipping, that sounds like what Futurlec uses, and be the reason for some of the problems and delays...

NOTICE TO OUR "EXPORT" CUSTOMERS...

For our export customers, there is a low-cost shipping option called "Global Priority Mail". NOTE: This option is not trackable and carries no guarantee of delivery! Estimated time to deliver can be anywhere from about a week to four weeks for extended destinations around the world.

This method of shipment between post offices of different countries is a little bit risky. You could loose your entire order and there is nothing we can do from our end to find your package if it gets lost (or if anyone else along the way, decides they should have your package instead of you). By shipping out of the USA by "Global Priority Mail", you agree to accepting the inherent risk involved. The only reason we make this shipping option available is due to the wishes of our export customers for a less costly mode of shipment.

The failure rate is extremely low, but we want you to be aware that it could happen! If your package never shows up there is no recourse and your credit card purchase can not be refunded. It would be a total loss. You can however, change the mode of shipping to UPS "Expedited" (~ 4 days) or the faster UPS "Express" (~ 2-3 days) and the shopping cart will calculate what it will cost for a guaranteed delivery through Customs. It's quite a bit more expensive, but it's totally safe, secure with a delivery guaranteey.

Bryan76 said:
...here we go again with the bull sh!@ service :mad:

The same might be said for good ole Jameco. I placed a $50 US order online last Saturday (9/29). Their tracking presently shows they have received the order, but that's all. Three working days, and they haven't even pulled the order!

It's not like its exotic, either. Just run-of-the-mill component parts, etc.

Maybe all the suppliers are having trouble.

I love jameco! how could you not like them? I buy from them monthly!!! Without jameco, I would go crazy. I am anyways, but same thing :D

Mouser is my favorite. If I place an order in the morning I have it the next afternoon via UPS ground.

When I lived in MN Digikey was just as quik. They are in Thief River Falls which is not far from you. I would expect the same sort of service.

Ok, I think I will try mouser this time for some parts That I need for my robot (the awsomest room explorer ever)!

Actually, I just order my Micros directly from microchip :D

AllVol said:
The same might be said for good ole Jameco. Three working days, and they haven't even pulled the order!

Maybe all the suppliers are having trouble.

Well, it actually took two weeks for the order to be processed and received.

But guess what?

It was my fault. I put the wrong credit card expiration date on the online order. They went to all the trouble to get it straightened out and get my parts to me. Good job, Jameco!

Just received a futurlec order. All connectors and sockets. About $90.

Time from email ship notice to getting package was 15 days.

The package had been opened and tied with a string. Perhaps customs?

Had to sign for the package at the post office. I do not recall having to do that on earlier orders. Could indicate better tracking or maybe just poor recall on my part.

FWIW: Some parts can be had for about the same price from major suppliers if you dig hard enough. These connectors (2 terminal side entry)

**broken link removed**

are $0.35 US quan 25 at futurlec. Mouser has what may be similar connectors PHOENIX CONTACT Economy Terminal Blocks (Mouser 651-1935161) for $0.30 US quan 1.

I have yet to try the Phoenix Economy units. The futurlec block work but the interlocking system is very poor. To join blocks I use super glue between them. The regular Phoenix blocks have a good interlocking system and do not require glue.

The point is that if you want the best buy you have to do the research.

I know it's been a long time...

I know it's been a long time, both since I posted and since this thread has been used... but I'd Like to know has anyone ordered from futurlec lately and has anyone got their order...

Also has anyone seen this: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Futurlec (I'm talking about the posts that mention strange things happening with people's credit cards after using them at Futurlec...) (check around page 2.)

Dawn

Dawny said:
I know it's been a long time, both since I posted and since this thread has been used... but I'd Like to know has anyone ordered from futurlec lately and has anyone got their order...

Also has anyone seen this: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Futurlec (I'm talking about the posts that mention strange things happening with people's credit cards after using them at Futurlec...) (check around page 2.)

Dawn

I've order from Futerlec many times, and will continue. Orders take about three weeks from the day placed to my door. For me, I don't mind the wait, and expect it before hand, no disappointment, no anger.

My last order was Feb. 22, 2008, and yet to receive it. A barometric sensor(US $5.50) was out of stock. Got an Email a couple of days ago, and it's ready to ship, but they wanted an additional $18 for Fedex or $10 for USPS. Not going to complain about it, it's still reasonable shipping. I've always gotten good value in the past.

I read through the first couple of pages of those reviews. Some of the more negative ones seemed a little questionable. Or people expecting next day delivery, then firing off all the angry Emails a few days later, finally getting their order a week or two later, all proud of their selves for 'making' it all happen. I think Futurlec does the best they can. I've been using them for a few years now, don't think they'd last long if they were running a scam. Problems happen, not always their fault or control. There are employees in most every business that steal and commit fraud. I'm sure they get caught, and the problems are resolved.

Ordering overseas is risky business, it's a great company, just keep cool and be kind. I expect my package in about a week. Makes it about 3 months from when I placed the order. Closest I've come to an issue, but those sensor are less then half the price for similar, and should work great.

Salgat said:
I buy from Mouser and Sparkfun and enjoy them both. I'm big on fast delivery and they both ship within a week (and both are good on prices).
In general I agree with you buth there are some jellybean parts, mostly connectors, I keep in stock that I reorder well befor I run out.

As harvey said much of it is at about 1/3 the going price. In my next order I will be getting 25 of the 2x10 IDC headers. I save about 68 cents each. Thats a saving of $17 on headers that are only costing me $5.50.

It is a risk worth taking.

The reason I was asking is because I put an order in on the 11/03/08 and well it's now getting close to two months later and still not a word on the order.

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back