Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurlec order experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tell them if they dont start picking up their end, your going to report them or somthing! Take action or somthing!

This is why I LOOOOVE jameco! I get free nextday shipping if my order messes up! I LOVEZ JAMECO! Digikey and newark are expensive

What is up with tantalum prices? They are incredible! 0.35 for a usual tant? what has happened with tants lately?

Krumlink said:
This is why I LOOOOVE jameco! I get free nextday shipping if my order messes up! I LOVEZ JAMECO! Digikey and newark are expensive
Yoiu keep saying Newark is expensive. I do not agree. They sell PICs at about the same price as MICROCHIP DIRECT.

For example the PIC16F88-I/P

Jameco 312733PS 4.15 ea.

Microchip Direct 1-25 units $2.60

Newark 54K2830 $2.60
they also have the 74K8558 for $2.06 which is shown as a I/SP rather then an I/P.

Semiconductors from Newark are less expensive then Mouser.

For switches and connectors I go to Mouser of if I can take the time and risk, yes Futurlec!

In the US DigiKey is more expensive on everything I have checked. But given how close you are to them you may be able to get UPS ground packages from then in 1 day.

I dont buy Microcontrollers anyway. I get em from Microchip anyways.

Another sucker

Well I should have believed the negative feedback about Futurlec, but since my 1st order went through without problems I thought that they were actually not that bad.

Reason I was ordering from them is that their shipping is actually reasonable.

Big mistake.

Ordered in June
Contacted them in mid July
response: just wait we mailed it
Contacted one week later again
Response: just wait we mailed it
Contacted one week later again since the tracking number
does not show up on the Track and trace of Thailand mail
Contacted again, please follow up, the tracking number does not work

Now each time I phoned the local post office to make sure the package did not yet arrive, no delivery slip in my postbox, and last time I also went to the local Post Office and actually helped the poor lady go through all the parcel slips to see if there were a fault on my side.

btw. the tracking number still does not work on the Thailand Track and trace site.

So now 9 weeks later (yes you read right nine!), no parts, no refund, and still needing the parts.

This weekend I will be visiting my local electronics shop and buy the parts I need.

Total cost:
(undeliverd parts) + (replacement parts) + (frustration) + (time) = NEVER EVER order from Futurlec

Hope this helps someone else steer clear of this company.

I too have had one good experiance on a order of just connectors. Given the last two posts I do not think I will order again. But the prices are so attractive.

Maybe the tracking through USPS is not that great to start with. Has anyone had better luck using UPS or FedEx?

I have had many good experiences, and a few not so good, with Futurlec. I've never had as long of delays as several others here, and they have NEVER charged something which I did not receive. There were a few times which I had to email them to find out some small part of my order was back-ordered, which did upset me a fair bit. The delays were about two weeks extra.

USPS does not have very good tracking; I have had problems tracking packages from the US before, and several times I have had huge problems with customs here (Canada,) holding packages for weeks, without giving me any notice.

Thanks for the tip about Newark, perhaps I'll try that one next time I need micros.

I once did an order to China (Sure Electronics.) The prices were really low, and the service was quick, however the shipping was almost more than the parts, and again, Customs Canada made me wait almost two weeks before sending notice that I had to go in and sign for my order.

bienafv said:
Well I should have believed the negative feedback about Futurlec, but since my 1st order went through without problems I thought that they were actually not that bad.

Reason I was ordering from them is that their shipping is actually reasonable.

Big mistake.

Ordered in June
Contacted them in mid July
response: just wait we mailed it
Contacted one week later again
Contacted one week later again since the tracking number
does not show up on the Track and trace of Thailand mail
Contacted again, please follow up, the tracking number does not work

Now each time I phoned the local post office to make sure the package did not yet arrive, no delivery slip in my postbox, and last time I also went to the local Post Office and actually helped the poor lady go through all the parcel slips to see if there were a fault on my side.

btw. the tracking number still does not work on the Thailand Track and trace site.

So now 9 weeks later (yes you read right nine!), no parts, no refund, and still needing the parts.

This weekend I will be visiting my local electronics shop and buy the parts I need.

Total cost:
(undeliverd parts) + (replacement parts) + (frustration) + (time) = NEVER EVER order from Futurlec

Hope this helps someone else steer clear of this company.

Same exact thing I am going through! The suck thing for me is that I cant afford to buy the parts again!

3v0 said:
I too have had one good experiance on a order of just connectors. Given the last two posts I do not think I will order again. But the prices are so attractive.

Maybe the tracking through USPS is not that great to start with. Has anyone had better luck using UPS or FedEx?

UPS is just to expensive from Thailand. These guys mess up all the time from what I am hearing. Even my first order from them took a month and it was missing parts. :mad: What makes it so bad is that they just dont give a flip about the quality of their service.

Bryan76 said:
What makes it so bad is that they just dont give a flip about the quality of their service.

Of course not. Many people continue to order from them despite their reputation for horrible shipping times, double-billing, and sub-standard customer service.

They are being rewarded for their bad behaviour. Most people (or companies) won't change under those circumstances.

Just wanted to update the thread.
Futurlec is now in the ignoring me mode. I have sent 2 more emails and have yet to hear from them. Man I feel cheated!!! They took my money and gave me nothing but grief.
Man this sucks! I had bought all the parts for Nigels microcontrollers tutorials and now it looks as I will not be doing them anytime soon.:mad: :mad: :mad:

That blows. I had another order for Futurlec ready to go but and holding off on it. Too iffy.

Has anyone sent them a copy of this thread? Do not know if they would care.

Is there another company with similar prices and better service ?

Is it just me?, or are people in this thread a little naive?.

You're ordering parts at a rock bottom price yet expecting top price service, the reason the prices are so low is because they run on a shoestring budget and to do that they are not likely to give much in the way of service.

They are plenty of companies that offer next day delivery, but obviously cost considerably more - "you pays your money, and you takes your choice!".

Wanting to get goods paid for is not expecting top price service. It is one thing to be missing a connector or two, but to not get anything is very wrong.

Nigel Goodwin said:

You're ordering parts at a rock bottom price yet expecting top price service, the reason the prices are so low is because they run on a shoestring budget and to do that they are not likely to give much in the way of service.

They are plenty of companies that offer next day delivery, but obviously cost considerably more - "you pays your money, and you takes your choice!".

I wonder how hard they have to hit those little kids to get them working...

I dont think Thailand or Vietnam or whatever have a child labor law. Maybe the entire company is run by 8 yr olds.

Krumlink said:
I wonder how hard they have to hit those little kids to get them working...

I dont think Thailand or Vietnam or whatever have a child labor law. Maybe the entire company is run by 8 yr olds.
Well, maybe. But the eight year olds I have spoken to are better business minded people than Futurlec (or so it seems).

Though I agree you get what you paid for, there's only so much bad service a 'company' can give before you can't call them a business anymore. I think this is the case. Though their prices may be dirt cheap; if you don't get the product, it is money wasted. Seriously, as long as they send the products-- I think that's good enough service for the amount of money one pays for their products. We're not asking them to constantly call us and tell us where our product is, or to present it in a gold platter (though, that would be cool)-- just send the darn product.

-Omar

Guess I'm the only one who hasn't had any issues with Futurlec, and have done at least a dozen or so orders with them. Only complaint is that they use the US postal service, which is over priced, and very poor service. Don't think you will find a better price or quality product, and not have an occasional issue.
I read all these complaints, but have seen even a hint in my own orders.

With all of these online companies, I know there is some risk. Don't spend more then I can afford to lose on an order. Might be hassles correcting a mistake, might get completely burned (yet to happen, I do some research first). The lesson might be expensive, but I'll survive, and can move on. I work in a distribution warehouse. Our order quality numbers are usually pretty good, but even with our most sensitive and closest monitored customers find shorts and damages occasionally. On of our newer customer's orders are checked 4 times between selection and loading on the truck. Really odd the same people have the same problems everytime they order from Futurlec.

You people are getting me a little worried, but I think I'll continue to do business with them. I don't mind the extra week or so wait, or even the dreaded post office line that much...

Nigel Goodwin said:

I think its just you ;)

Regardless of how cheap they are, its not rocket science to mail a package. I don't consider asking them to mail a package "expecting top price service"!

Lol but you still should expect the package to come nonetheless!

Did I mention I love jameco?

Futurlec contacted me and said they are researching the problem. If the package cannot be found they will send another. I am happy that they responded and will be sending a new package if needed. I do however feel that I am in for a LONG wait. :(

Welcome to the fold Bryan.. Read my posts previous =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back