Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Futurlec order experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are comparing apples to oranges.

Brick and mortar shops will always be higher then online or mail ordering. They have more overhead. If you have one you are lucky regardless of the price.

Think of it this way, you need the one part and need it now. Would you rather pay $1 for a 3 cent part or pay 3 cents + $5-$12 shipping + time.

Last edited:
True, even in this tech-heavy area all the electronic shops have closed up but two. Vetco specializes in cables and connectors so their selection of everything else kinda sucks. I'll have to check out Westlake Electronics and see if they have more selection.

My order that I placed on 4 April 07 has finally arrived on 2 May 07. It had all the pieces this time (minus 1 part that was out of stock and will be shipped later).

Nice one 3V0 =)
Finally got an update on my order today. The parallel to serial USB module I ordered was what was holding it up. They said they'll ship the rest, and I'll get the module when it I get it. Cross my fingers I might actually get my stuff before I forget why I ordered half if it!

I have ordered from solarbotics, and I have to congradulate them on a good job. I get all my stuff within a week, and they are far from cold crappy michigan. Their shipping is 5$, and you always get it within 2 weeks.

I order from jameco alot, and I get their stuff within 2 weeks also. Their shipping is 7.50, and is ok. BUT! if there is a part from another warehouse, they charge extra shipping from a seprate warehouse! WTF IS WITH THAT

HarveyH42 said:
Didn't they just build a bigger warehouse right across the street a few years ago?

what jameco?

I know when ever i want somthing, its in the other warehouse. then they ship it in is own seprate box and it waste about 200 trees everytime they do that. I got a tiny surface mount chip (LMC6772) in this big box. I could stick my dog in it!

Mind you it's impossible to waste trees =) Virtually all paper products are made from trees specifically grown and farmed for paper pulp. Otherwise modern buisness would have literally written the rest of the world out of existance many years ago.
Sadly enough though it's not even that... Rare hardwoods and slowgrowth lumbar are highly valued in the housing market for bragging rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back