Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funny Images Thread!

gosh I haven't posted in here for yonks .......

upload_2016-11-2_13-7-19.png

upload_2016-11-2_13-9-35.png

Dave

A few men in this local have married 'mail order brides'. The men always seem very happy and contented and the lady too.:)

spec

I didn't do the mail order thing ... heard too many sad experiences where all the girl was doing was to get married to escape the Ukraine or where ever
and after a short marriage here in Oz, they would leave the guy .... all they wanted was residency and used some poor guy to get it

I, instead, in the late 1990's, met a gal on IRC chat ( mIRC, Pirch etc) ... those heady days before facebook etc
Cindy is from the Philippines, she was just one of the many regulars in one particular chat room. We struck up a convo and a friendship, we married in the Phils in Sept 2000, immigrated her to Oz ... cost a fortune, this last Sept we celebrated 16 yrs marriage :)

Dave

Last edited:
I didn't do the mail order thing ... heard too many sad experiences where all the girl was doing was to get married to escape the Ukraine or where ever
and after a short marriage here in Oz, they would leave the guy .... all they wanted was residency and used some poor guy to get it

I, instead, in the late 1990's, met a gal on IRC chat ( mIRC, Pirch etc) ... those heady days before facebook etc
Cindy is from the Philippines, she was just one of the many regulars in one particular chat room. We struck up a convo and a friendship, we married in the Phils in Sept 2000, immigrated her to Oz ... cost a fortune, this last Sept we celebrated 16 yrs marriage :)

Dave

Hi davenn,

Well that is a great outcome.:cool: It matches what I was saying about the couples in this local. 'Mail order', was just a joke and not how the couples actually met. There was an air force base nearby, now closed:mad:, and hence a lot of air force personnel who met their partners on overseas postings. My wife is 'mail order'. She comes from Aberdare, Wales.

spec

Last edited:
Your getting too old: 3*8 + 1 = 25 needs a calculator?
Most kids are doing decimal math in their fingers to 10.
In 5th grade I drove my teachers nuts because I did my math in binary on my fingers. Up to 1024. Then I learned by doing right foot and left foot I could get to 4k. (I think binary multiply and divide is easy on fingers. )

I don't do much software now so ..... getting slow...
But I still do BCD on my fingers. Right hand 0-9. Left hand in 0-90. Then I keep track of 100s with my feet. Something like a 2.5 digit BCD calculator. With slight modifications it also works in OCT and Binary.

That's really funny. I wish I knew the 9x table finger trick in grade school. Hold out your fingers and if your doing 3 *9, put down the third finger. The fingers up for the MSD is 3 and the fingers up for the LSD is 7, so 27. The digits of the 9x table add up to 9, at least for 9*1=9 to 9*9=81; 9+1=9; 8+1=9

I do algebra a lot different than I was taught. I collect terms and add by inspection. i.e. x's: 1 + 1+ -10 +3 etc and get 4x. Who cares where the equal sign is. Also stuff like 3(x^2+x+3) would be done the same way. I don't have to expand them.

This might be a repost.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back