Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Function addition between function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to butt in, Ian is there any reason you're using the Hi-Tech C compiler (is it still sold?) vs XC8?

koolguy, what IDE are you using? does it have a simulator like MPLAB?

PS here's a handy page from Microchip on XC8
https://microchip.wikidot.com/tls2101:start
No problem...

I am using XC8.... If you include the htc.h XC8 will still compile code for the old compiler.. After all its the same one...

Didn't know that. Neat. I use xc.h
Only problem is the libraries always throw errors when using 12,16 series PICs but works fine with an 18F PIC.
e.g.
#include <delays.h>
returns no such file or directory. Probably doesn't help I'm using a Mac.

edit: turns out those are 18F libraries. opps.

Last edited:
Hello,
How to work with itoa it is not displaying anything (i.e. blank) on led display upper part is working!

I wrote a function do do just that... But guess what!!! itoa() was virtually the same as what I came up with..

I'll be at home soon.... If you post your code.. I'll see what gives.... (Just in case I haven't got the changes )

Tried to run this...... No chance!!

You need to explain your blit() function... You have two nested loops using the same variable ( hence it crashes )

If they were different variables you have an iteration so large that the blit() function will take nearly 2 seconds to complete... LED's will take an age to refresh!!

How many 8x8 matrices??

Hello,
The 8x8 matrix will be of 3 to 4 digits,
blit() function

it is nothing just display scroll left to right up or down you can see in buffer.!!

There is no need blit() here because only static text is need 0-9 number only!!
for example:
int a=222;
display();
clear ();
int b=555;
display()
clear

like this

hello,
what is diff in working of STP16CP05, 74hc164 7& 74hc595
as 164 work at 20A 8 bit , STP 16bits with variable 100mA and 595 save data why, people use 164 most in old display and 595 in latest but i dnt find STP great chip?

Hi again,
according to data sheet there are two volatge rating 5V and 20V, can we use it at 20V for making string and 100mA per segment?

If you read the datasheet the current is programmable... ie if you place a 200 ohm resistor on the R-EXT pin, you will have 100mA current on each of the outputs... The device is primarily a current sink... for LED's you can program the device to 20mA (1k on R-EXT) and place several LEDs in series only 20mA will flow... The output pins can withstand up to 20v..

upload_2015-3-27_9-55-38.png

Outside somewhere!!! In the case of this diagram it will be 2.4 ~ 3.6v. You would need to work out the voltage drop and place a suitable resistor in... If you connect VL to 5V then you need to drop approx 2v. Remember in the example you need to cater for 16 outs at 20mA that will be 320mA ....

Actually, I choose this chip to get 100mA per segment and 4 leds in series of white or led and maximum freq. to get display in descent way!
I am going to higher pic18 for ~48Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back