Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fun LED project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbaa

Any of u have a realy small (pocket size) LED project i can make.

I tring to make a UV light pen torch (found one in J-CAR electronics but it was $15)so i making my own. I'm wondering if the UV LED need any special treatment befor putting a powersuply of 1.5v or 3v???
Does it work like a normal diode or does it need more or less resistance ect.???

I have an interesting idea..
normal quartz clocks(not the figital ones, the desk ones) work on a 1.5v battery wich drives a coil and makes the clock run.
the idea is to take the circuit, replace the coil with a lov power, hygh efficency led and put in the place of the coil. replace the 1.5 V batt with 2 small watch 1.5 v batt such as AG13 and it all fits inseide a cheychain.
i made something like this, and it's worked for 15 months from a pair of normal R6 batteries. i think u can make this project with less than $1, and have fun with it!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back