Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frustration with thread control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
I regret now ever posting

The only two people actively commenting have diametrically opposed ideas and will so overwhelmingly fill threadwith their opinions that there is no chance of slow rational discussion occurring in there again, and anything I try to interject at this point is gonna just add to the fire. That was not my intent when I posted the thread to start with though and it's now completely out of control and it's only been 16 hours. As a user that started the conversation I feel powerless as I can't manage the thread or even fully explain the reasons for the initial post because Brownout and Tcmtech are already on full blow bloody rampages.

The idea prefix is this. Wouldn't it make sense that the person that starts a thread be given some kind of limited moderating abilities in respect to that thread. Right after tcmtechs first post I knew the cat was out of the bag, because what he said had NOTHING whatsoever to do with my original post and did nothing but egg on fights based on old topics ground in to the dust that I personally don't want to resurrect. Brownout is misdirecting away from my initial question with so many external links that were unrelated to the article I'd posted that's it not even relevant to anything but his own preconceived opinions. I would personalyl like to ban those two users from posting on (but not viewing) the thread, to see if anyone else actually had something to say. Something along those lines at least.

I've lost control of my own conversation, do you know how frustrating that is? Especially considering it has nothing to do with what is being put up for discussion in the first place, seeing as how I'm the one that posted the initial question for debate why are two people that obviously hate each other and at least one of them hates me being allowed to tell me what I was trying to say?

Last edited:
Why the hell did you post on a closed topic anyway? Why do you think the mods closed it?

While we are recommending members who should be banned, I recommend you for starting a thread on a closed topic.

I feel bad for Bychon as well because the comment section of his Article is now another flame thread.
Even Brownout has tossed his towel into the fray. I believe myself and Ratchit were trying to bring to light our perceived notions of how that Article should have gone and provided some decent information which Bychon took as he did and that's now done with, now it's just a petty arguement, and Brownout is spearheading the charge currently, mind you he had nothing to contribute up until that point and now he's jumping on semantics because it's a difficult topic due to the original documents being 138 years old, no one alive now lived at the same time as George Ohm. I actually have historical interest in the topic and it's being reduced to right or wrong and is pedantic to discovery.

I didn't post on a closed topic! I posted a new thread that has nothing to do with what you or tcmtech are currently screaming bloody murder about.

It seems you have nothing better to do than to spread rumors and gossip of the other members. I have not flamed Bychon's thread, you're just trying to start crap in here, as you pretty much always need to try to do. Please refrain from telling untruths of the other members of this site. And try to keep your posts truthful as possible.

And Bryan1 closed the topic weeks ago.

Last edited:
What topic are you talking about? Brownout seriously are you in the same Universe as me? The article I posted is 3 days old! Whatever you're talking about has NOTHING TO DO with what I posted!

I don't know, what universe do you live in? It doesn't matter that you posted 3 days ago, the topic was closed WEEKS ago, after numerous threads went to flame. It was actually pretty dumb on your part to even bring up such a contentious topic again, especially one that has been determined by the site admin to counter the peaceful and friendly intent of the forum.

Sorry I didn't mean to run rampant through your thread so to make it more right I cleaned up my stuff and made it more relative after you PM'ed me. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
tcm, you started this, brownout jumped on and now you're playing scapegoat? I don't think so. From what I've seen of your responses I'd ban you for a week, even I wouldn't push brownout like that and I dislike him and his opinions.

Darn right I started it. But I also cleaned up my posts willingly and made them more relevant after you PM'ed me about your distaste for my earlier actions.
Its not an apology but at least it's a willing compliance and attempt at following your threads relevancy in a more respectable intent.
I am attempting to follow the topic of your thread by bringing what I am finding to possibly be relative to the scientific aspects of the subjects as they come up in it.

I do find it worth reading up on now and am sorry I did not take it as so much so earlier on.

I've just cleaned up this thread because you three seem to be at war with each other and seem to be trying to prove each other wrong. You all need to relax a bit or else there will have to be warnings issued..

If you don't like a thread or comment either ignore it or report it to a moderator. Stop retaliating at each other with jibs.

I reported over a half dozen posts, it disintegrated into a flame war before the first one was responded to. The damage was done.

I reported over a half dozen posts, it disintegrated into a flame war before the first one was responded to. The damage was done.

It's hard to clean up some threads straight away, sometimes there is a backlog or no moderator logged in. When a thread gets out of control it usually does very fast. But as I say it over and over. Don't retaliate.. Be the better person.. It's far easier for the moderator to clean up and it shows respect.

Any more offences and I'm ready to ban people. Be warned, use the report post feature and don't retaliate.

I hope I didn't retaliate too badly, and hope the topic in that thread, as limited as I'm sure it will end up being is back on track for a short period of time =)

The original idea of some sort of self moderation ability for users that start threads at least in a specific forum would be interesting. If not in the comments in the article section at least.
There's still a relative flame war in Bychons Article comments on the whole Ohms law bit. I don't care how right or wrong Bychon is, his Article should NOT be the place for the conversation as it has developed past the first page. as ner as I can tell, everything after the 1st page should be deleted immediately or moved post haste to the forums under it's own thread. I can handle another Ohms law thread, but not smoking out Bychons Article afte the initial comments.

Last edited:
I hope I didn't retaliate too badly,

How much is too much? Since that question is hard to answer the right thing is to not. If you have a problem report the thread or ignore it.

Now that I have opened the can of worms lets take a look at another one.

In regards to tutoring on chat. If you have a problem with it take it to EM. You are the only person I know of that does. I have offered to take it to a private channel and all but you have said to keep it public.

Your attempts to disrupt tutoring and degrading me as a teacher via whispers to other members has not served you well.

I expect you will point out "This chatroom is for casual chatting, technical questions should be asked in the forum". I understand that is to keep people from asking questions in chat that would be better answered in a thread. I do not see that it applies to tutoring.

In regards to tutoring on chat. If you have a problem with it take it to EM. You are the only person I know of that does. I have offered to take it to a private channel and all but you have said to keep it public.
I expect you will point out "This chatroom is for casual chatting, technical questions should be asked in the forum". I understand that is to keep people from asking questions in chat that would be better answered in a thread. I do not see that it applies to tutoring.

hi 3v0,
I agree with your comments in this post.
Along with other senior members I have have discussed a technical problem on the Chat room pages, using Chat it is possible to interact quickly in a one to one tutoring conversation with someone asking a general question.
I enjoy discussing a technical topic in the Chatroom with any asking for general guidance on a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back