Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Front pannel audio connector for computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi

I've seen these pannels for computers (usually called front pannel port replicators or similar) which go in one of the drive bays, and have USB, Firewire, audio connections and the like on them. I am currently making one, but need some advice on the audio connection. My motherboard has an internal connection for front pannel audio connections on it, but I have two questions:

1) could i just connect the plug to a normal jack socket, or do I need some extra bits?

2) Would I be able to include a pot as a volume control?

The bit in my manual says
This is an inteface for the Intel front panel audio cable that allow convenient connection and control of audio devices
and it has pin diagram shown below. Does anyone have any idea what BLINE_OUT is? i assume that it is a secondary line out or something.

Does anyone have one of these front pannel port replicators, or know what i should be doing?

Where can i get the plug for the motherboard from (I assume its on a 0.1" pitch...)

Thanks

Tim

P.S. my motherboard is an Asus A7N8X Deluxe if it helps...

Attachments

• front.gif
    front.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 870
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back