Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency of high voltage diode

Status
Not open for further replies.
100khz = 10uS
Diode Tff = 0.1uS
So you will be in rr mode 1% of the time. I think the diode will be hot. (I think it will be OK but watch the temperature) That diode is fast and I don't think you will find faster. I am surprised you found any diodes like this. I used to use millions and then every one stopped making them.

I have designed may 27kv 120khz power supplies. I did not use "square wave" but I did use resonant mode. (half sign wave) In my case the transistor is on for 5 to 7uS and off for 2 to 3uS. The off time is half sign wave. There are no sharp edges. So I could use this type of diode with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back