Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Boost Cct - equalizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokebow

Hi,

I am trying to boost the frequency response of an led.

I am modelling the led as a parallel combination of resistor and capacitor. I want to use an equalizer to increase the BW.

firstly, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for some circuitry i can include to boost the frequency response at higher freq.

secondly, i was using the high freq. shelf boost filter proposed on this website (**broken link removed**). However, since circuits is not my forte I am not sure on how to select the component values.

So if anyone can provide me with some help on which circuit to use and also give me some guidance on how to select the values to get the required response I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers :)

I imagine everyone is as baffled as I am? - while I don't use simulators, you could at least use a simulation of an LED, your capacitor/resistor combination has no relation to an LED.

But what EXACTLY are you trying to do?.

Thank you for your reply Nigel. Sorry I wasn't clear.

I am trying to increase the bandwidth of my LED. Currently its BW is ~10MHz but I want to boost it perhaps using pre-equalization cct techniques to much higher frequencies.

But I'm not sure on how to design the pre-equalizer cct. to do this.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

You need a better LED - modulating at 10MHz is pretty high though really.

Are you also sure the signal isn't been limited by the amplifier feeding it?, amplifiers flat to over 10MHz aren't that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back