Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

free electronic circuit simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTSpice

I have posted hundreds of running LTSpice circuit simulations on these forums (and others).

I also use LTspice.
It's probably one of the best free circuit simulators available.
It has a somewhat steep learning curve, but it's well worth the effort if you are designing circuits and/or learning about electronics.
It finds a lot of circuit errors before you built your breadboard.
LTspice has some good tutorials and many sample circuits to help you get started.

I third the LTspice suggestion.

Fourth.

Just keep in mind that you will likely need to create a lot of models yourself, or at the very least import them from third-party sources. By default LTSpice mostly only contains Linear Technology components and a few other standard parts. But chances are you'll need to import your own models for a lot of circuits.

Last edited:
i have a nice ltspice constant power load here...

Attachments

• Constant power load_386W.asc
    1.5 KB · Views: 218
Also here is a useful voltage controlled switch, for when you want your sim to turn something on or off at a specific time

Attachments

• Voltage controlled switch.ASC
    953 bytes · Views: 220
and some quik start guides

Attachments

• LTspice _Quick Start Guide.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 247
  • LT wiki.doc
    19 KB · Views: 242
just get into it and start your sim.....dont be like me and be afraid of starting it because you somehow convince yourself that the PC will blow up if i mis-wired something

Fourth.

Just keep in mind that you will likely need to create a lot of models yourself, or at the very least import them from third-party sources. By default LTSpice mostly only contains Linear Technology components and a few other standard parts. But chances are you'll need to import your own models for a lot of circuits.

I attended the Del Mar Electronics show this week. There was an Analog Devices/ Linear Tech booth. I asked about LTspice and the convergence of AD parts with LTC parts. I was informed this was in the works. This convergence should add a large amount of component coverage in LT Spice which will make this free tool just the more valuable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back