Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Foundations of Analog and Digital Electronic Circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

confounded

I give this book a 10/10

This book is written by Anant Agarwal and Jeffrey H. Lang.
I bought this book after i began watching the MIT lectures on you tube presented by Professor Agarwal. This is the textbook they use for that course.

This book begins at the beginning. No previous electronics knowledge is assumed. I would summarise its content as providing in depth coverage of circuit analysis techniques and introducing common components.

I found this textbook extremely well designed.
The text is of a good size, and use of colour is applied well which i found added to the pleasure of reading this book.
When a diagram is considered in text it is generally to be located on the same page. If it is a previous diagram that is being referred to it is generally repeated next to that text. This especially was very welcome as from previous experience flipping back to pages is an unpleasant distraction.
There are many pages of questions at the end of each chapter for those who wish to attempt them, the answers to all questions are not given however (only to certain questions is answer given) and this i did not like. I assume this has been done as to allow the questions to be used as homework for students using this text as their course notes.

I read this book in conjunction with watching the you tube lectures and i would recommend this.
It is well written and understandable and the later part of each chapter tends to offer a real challenge.

- i intend to add to this review, this is just what i have time to write now -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back