Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Forum Shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
Hi,

As you will notice today that we have moved the forums around to try and organise the information better.

We have also renamed some forums:

- ****-Chat is now Members Lounge
- Feedback/Comments is now Site Issues & Feedback
- Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Reviews is now Electronic Projects & Circuits
- Repairing Consumer Electronics is now Repairing Electronics
- Micro Controllers is now Microcontrollers
- Robotics Chat is now Robotics & Mechatronics
- Math and Physics is now Mathematics & Physics
- Datasheet/Parts Requests is now Datasheets, Manuals or Parts

Introduced a some new ones:

- Announcements
- Introduce Yourself
- Programming & Interfacing
- Radio and Communications
- Buy, Sell or Trade

Also removed some replaced/old/inactive forums (these have been placed Into The Archive)

- Electronic Theory
- Electronic Projects
- Electronic Books
- Competitions
- Hosted Forums

Please note, some changes have not been completed yet.. I'm getting there ;)

Last edited:
I sort of noticed things were moving about. Computers formerly a sub of **** Chat seems to have gone? Anyway, change is a good thing. :)

Ron

I thought my eyes had gone funny! :D

Yep things looked a bit strange for a while ;)

Computers formerly a sub of **** Chat seems to have gone?

Hi Ron, Computers has been merged back into ****-Chat (which is now Members Lounge). There is a Computers Prefix so if you want to see only computer topics you can (click on the prefix icon)..

In my opinion, the site related section should be placed somewhere in the bottom sections. At the very least, below the electronics forum. As it is, I think it is somewhat distracting from the main theme of your site, which is electronics... :)

Just a thought.

Last edited:
What about putting announcements in the top section all by itself, then place other sections in appropriate spot?

I've taken you up on your idea Mike. The Member Lounge has been moved down and the Announcements and Site Issues & Feedback stay at the top.

Also I've added a Simulation & PCB Design forum..

Enjoy.

Democracy in action :) Looks good EM. The PCB forum was a good idea too.

I will tell you honestly ElectroMaster...

This site is "uber excellence". My bad German and all but maybe you get my drift....

Great Mods and a great place for learning (no matter how old you are). I thought I knew it all...and Nigel stopped me dead in my tracks. How's that for a steep learning curve??.The ESR meter comes to mind. I am going to build one. I am so tired of pulling cap's out to check them on a "Cap Tester".

You guys are the best.
Cheers.

PS: You are welcome to post this comment of mine above anywhere on the Internet if you want to. You guys deserve recognition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back