Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM USB MMC Low voltage Stereo module with Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

transistor495

Forum Supporter
Hello All,

I have wondered on this Chinese module same like other multinational electronics giants as well? :p

I'm here today going for a short review on this particular entertainment circuit module which is getting much popularity nowadays -the brilliant yet cheap SD/MMC USB FM module from China with LED display!

This one I have taken from a non-working stereo amplifier package, uses two bridged LA4440 IC's capable of providing 20+20W in to 4ohms. These local assembled systems are very popular nowadays here. :)

These modules are nowadays widely used in the portable battery powered low voltage entertainment speakers as well as the high power low cost stereo amplifier packages. I can see a lot of local manufactures in India imports these modules and assembles their own systems. Most of those portable ones uses a rechargeable 3.7V lithium battery and says Nokia BL-5C mobile phone battery compatible. I assume they might have used double BEL 1895 low voltage mono audio amplifier module, but I'm not sure on this.

I had a few experiments with this on this Sunday to evaluate it's performance. I would say I'm truly amazed and happy enough to give ++ to those brilliant Chinese engineers behind this ;)

Module specs:-

*) FM/AUX/USB mode selection
*) Auto search and save preset FM channels
*) Brilliant simple LED display for preset channel no./song number/frequency/volume/seconds elapsed
*) Around 500mV L/R audio output with nice frequency response
*) Sensitive enough to clearly receive FM channels with a short length of wire.
*) Good stability on FM.
*) 45db channel separation
*) In built 4 mode preset equalizer
*) Audio mute
*) Last played/volume level memory
*) Low supply voltage range between 3-5V, 5V regulated recommended.
*) All functions remote controlled with volume levels from 0-50
*) Good build quality and uses single electrolytic cap. Assume very good reliability as well.
*) Scope for wide range of applications

I couldn't see a step by step channel search, but it doesn't bothers me because the auto search is sensitive enough to lock on all the available channels. It may bother you if you want to tune into a particular distant channel which require some sensitive antenna adjustments.

I have had a few experiments with this using my low voltage audio amp TA7368 connected to one of the output channels with 4xAA batteries. The module+ amp combination drains good current I assume, also the module is equipped with 4 LED seven segments. My 2000mah eneloops were in almost finishing stage while on experiment, still able to play continuously for around 2 hours. A fully charged batteries might give an operation time of more than 5hours I assume.

There I can see a Line-input option as well, which I assume capable of providing digital audio processing through the module.

The tiny remote control receiver on the module is powered using 3.3V available from board.

Below are some photos provided with this short review. I have been so happy with the performance of this brilliant Chinese module. These modules alone are available as replacement parts in market in a cheap rate.

This is capable of presenting you a nice day with some great experiments, I would say try it! :)

DSCF4435.JPGDSCF4436.JPGDSCF4437.JPG

I see no tuned LC circuits on the Chinese radio circuit board. Then it sensitivity and selectivity are poor and it is probably easily overloaded by strong local stations.
But you are in India.

Your amplifier has extremely low output power.
But you are in India.

WE are in North America, in Europe, in Australia and in New Zealand where radios have very good sensitivity and selectivity because they have many tuned circuits that are needed because we have many more radio stations with much more power than yours.
Our homes are made with bricks and are spaced apart (not cardboard and close together like yours) so we can blast very loud music without neighbours hearing it. Your homes are different because you are in India.

EDIT: Oh yeah. My son bought this very cheap one on Ee-Baaaay. It is tiny so it produces no bass sounds and it is not loud. It picks up only strong local radio stations but misses all the weaker ones. It didn't work so the supplier in China sent a replacement. It worked poorly.
It might be good for somebody who lives in a cardboard box without reliable electricity (in India?).

Last edited:
I see no tuned LC circuits on the Chinese radio circuit board. Then it sensitivity and selectivity are poor and it is probably easily overloaded by strong local stations.
But you are in India.

Your amplifier has extremely low output power.
But you are in India.

WE are in North America, in Europe, in Australia and in New Zealand where radios have very good sensitivity and selectivity because they have many tuned circuits that are needed because we have many more radio stations with much more power than yours.
Our homes are made with bricks and are spaced apart (not cardboard and close together like yours) so we can blast very loud music without neighbours hearing it. Your homes are different because you are in India.

EDIT: Oh yeah. My son bought this very cheap one on Ee-Baaaay. It is tiny so it produces no bass sounds and it is not loud. It picks up only strong local radio stations but misses all the weaker ones. It didn't work so the supplier in China sent a replacement. It worked poorly.
It might be good for somebody who lives in a cardboard box without reliable electricity (in India?).

LOL;) audioguru

Thanks. You have made me think :D

Regards,
tvtech

"I have wondered on this Chinese module same like other multinational electronics giants as well? " I want say about this question. Any time dont think about that. The china is china and Japan is Japan. Dont similar this two country also other good country. Because china make all copy electronics in various reputed company . They are the kind of copy right.

I used to laugh with Audioguru's commentaries about "lousy op-amps" and the unavailability of new electronic components on the third world. In fact, I don't know if the reason behind my failures in electronics is lack of ability or lack of decent electronic components :p

That said, man, that commentary about" the homes on India" was completely necessary. it was a very bad taste joke.

Last edited:
"Bad taste?"
I am in Canada where some poor people from India came to. Most of the Indian guys drive taxis here.
It seems that people in India cannot buy electronic parts newer than about 40 years old. They say their electricity is intermittent (load sharing?).
[MODNOTE]You promised Audioguru!! Remarks like these are not required.[/MODNOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
After all the respect that you used to inspire to me, I'm disappointed to see that your amounts of humility, respect for the others and common sense are inversely proportional to your amount of technical knowledge.

Making fun of the vulnerable population of a country is expected from an ignorant person, not from someone with access to proper education and state of the art information technologies.

By the way, even the slowest and crappiest colombian internet connection would be enough to check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_and_technology_in_India.

PS: It's Colombia, not Columbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back