Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM transmitter WASP -oscillator working ,rf output stage not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvej

The FM transmitter circuit is from :
http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/Wasp/Wasp-P1.html

I build it on a PCB as is mentioned.I also built RF led power meter from :
http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/Wasp/Wasp-P4.html

I used it to check whether the oscillator section is working and the led of the meter light up at the collector of the transistor of the oscillator stage indicating that the oscillator is working.

But I am getting no output from the 3rd transistor i.e. the rf output stage.
I checked the transistor(2n2222A) and it is working.Also I checked the volatges as per given on troubleshooting page
http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/Wasp/Wasp-P2.html
and the voltages at the base is 0.62V and at the collector is 3.4V which I guess is okay if I consider a 5V supply.

Also one more thing when I connect the RF led power meter at the base of this (output)transistor I am not getting any output.Neither at the emitter of the oscillator transistor am I getting any ac output..

Should I connect instead of the emitter,the collector of the oscillator section to the rf output stage? or is there some other problem?

Please help me.
I heard that collin55 the author of this circuit is too a registered electro-tech-online user.I wish if he could comment on the same.

Sir I agree that the transistor 2n2222A has pins ebc(with flat side facing towards me) and I had confirmed this by referring datasheet before inserting the transistor into the circuit.I even desoldered the transistor to check again if the transistor had not been damaged.But still I am getting no oscillations at the collector of it.
Today I go 2N3563 (RF transistor) to replace 2N2222A with it.but it too did'nt help.Still am getting no output at its collector.
Also as far as your LED power meter is concerned too I forgot to mention 1 thing.I am not using it with the multimeter.Just LED indication.Also I added a ground wire so that I can get better indication.Else the output shown is very less.

hi savvej,
Ref your PM, if you want me to check this circuit in simulation as requested, please post your LTspice 'asc' file.

Put the LED power meter on the colector of the RF stage.
There is nothing more stupid than trying to simulate this circuit.

@colin55 Sir,I am trying to simulate just Collpitts oscillator(not related to problem I am facing) at much lower frequecnies(not high RF,to be precise 79.5Khz) using pspice alike software which is unable to oscillate in simulation.

hi,
It works as expected in an LTspice sim.

thnx at Erric sir for verifying.Wanted to ask whether you used ideal inductor there? or did you simulate considering its resistance?

The circuit will oscillate providing that the resistance of the inductor is <=1R

@ erric Sir could you plot the output at the collector of the oscillator and collector of the RF output transistor both on the same graph?

look here.

Please do not use PM's for technical queries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back