Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

flash magic software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidan

I am making line follower robot I have keil software , AT89c51 micro controller , c code and flash magic software but I want burn c code so i used flash magic I don't know some things please someone help me
I have following question on
1) there are four 4 COM port which one should i used and why?
2) what is baud rate why it always 9600
3)device selection I know only 89c51 but in list there are many like 89C51RA2xx, 89C51RB2xx , 89C51RC2xx, 89C51RD2xx don't know which one select

In order to use the Flash Magic programming software, you first need to be sure that your device is supported. Devices from NXP (Philips) and their low power variants are supported, namely:
  • P89C51RC2
  • P89C51RD2
  • P89C60X2
  • P89C61x2
  • P89LV51RC2
  • P89LV51RD2
  • P89V51RB2
  • P89V51RC2
  • P89V51RD2
If your device is not one of these, it's a toss up whether the Flash Magic software can in fact program the device, but you may be lucky if your device is close.

Baud rate is the number of bits/ sec that can be transferred. The baud rate is primarily dependent on the crystal frequency you are using with the device, and what the software supports, obviously. I'm sure the programming spec will be in the datasheet for the device, or an available app note from the manufacturer.

The COM Port that you will use will very much depend on what else you have connected to your computer, whether you have actual physical ports on the computer or if you are using a USB to Serial cable etc. If using a serial cable and a physical port on your computer, you may have COM1, COM2, COM3 or COM4 depending on what you have plugged in, but commonly only COM1 and COM2 are listed. However, if using a USB to Serial cable, it may install the driver and initially use COM7 etc. Check in your device manager what port has been assigned to the cable or what physical ports you have and pick an unused one. Select your COM Port in the Flash Magic software to match the computer settings and baud rate.

Lastly, you need to make sure that whatever compiler/ assembler that you are using is producing the appropriate Intel Hex files for uploading to your chosen device.

I see from your post that it is an Atmel device that you have on hand, you may be better off using the official Atmel programming cable software and one of the many circuits posted throughout the web to flash your device. The programming software can be downloaded from the Atmel site along with useful header files and libraries that support your compiler. Here's a link: http://www.atmel.com/products/micro...ash_isp-in_system_programmable.aspx?tab=tools

I hope this helps you out :)

I want to know AT89c51 is different from 89C51RA2xx, 89C51RB2xx , 89C51RC2xx, 89C51RD2xx
If i choose 89C51RA2xx, in flash magic tools then it will be work
I am using 11.09592 mhz crystal oscillator its support 2400, 7200, 9600, 28000 i have selected 9600 baud rate
serial port communication I am using usb to rs2322 db9 serial cable I using window 7 in my device manager there are two com port com3 and com4 so which one should i used in flash magic tools

thank you for giving useful information

AT89c51 is made by Atmel..... Atmel chips do not have bootloaders in them!! you need phillips chips to use Flashmagic.. See the link

https://www.flashmagictool.com/supporteddevices.html

NXP devices only..... The AT89c51 hasn't got a bootloader!!!!
If i use nxp p89c51rd2 in place of AT89c51 then do i need to use programmer circuit I think i don't need and if i want to burn code i think i need usb to serial converter am i thinking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back