Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Firefox problem logging on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 3.0.7 on linux and yesterday had to login manually out of the blue. Reset the cookie and no problems now.

IM wondering if its some kind of isp caching problem. Whats do you connect with Eric?

Sky is my ISP, via a router a Netgear box, approx 4M speed.

Mozilla Firefox browser.

The 'pwd' works OK on the same system when using IE6.

Last edited:
hi ElectroMaster.

Removed Mozilla and downloaded the very latest version and reinstalled, same result for relogin.

If you think it's a caching issue he can try an 'anonymizer' website to try to connect here, the ISP will be forced to read the files again because it appears to be from a different domain.

That is really strange...
Especially considering I'm not having any trouble logging in. Maybe you have different security options setup in Firefox than I do?
I'm NAT'd through a router as well so that isn't an issue.

But what about for the unexpected timeout and session problems of the website loaded on a redhat machine? I can't stay logged in for more than 5minutes on linux platform. It'll hit on the head when a post is prepared and ready to submit. wil need to re login and's happening for long time. It's on mozilla/firefox.
everything is working fine on windows.

I use Firefox and I've never had any problem with this site.

@007

I'm running Fedora core 9 and i don't have this problem with timeouts. What versions of firefox/RH? Does it timeout on other forum type sites? gmail/yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back