Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

!!Finally the PICKIT3 usermanual arrives!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvs sarma

Finally the user manual of Pickit3 is released by Microchip using PIC24FJ256GB106

I only wonder whether they would release the firmware and whether this chip is in market !!

Yes, I was looking at it earlier and am rather pleased that it contains the circuit diagram. I wonder if Bill will be making a clone if they release the firmware.

Mike.

I think the main advantage is speed, the PK2 is very slow when debugging whilst watching a few variables. If you view all the SFRs then expect to wait 10 seconds per step.

Mike.

Mike, I know how slow the pk2 is :( but after quick walk-trough the pk3 ds I just got the idea it is "bit faster" nothing else... If it will reduce avg 4sec per step to 1sec per step - it is not "fast enough" imho :( to trigger upgrade from pk2 to pk3... for "initial" purchase maybe, but I still haven't found any reason to upgrade :(

I'm I'm no rush to get a PK3 aside from the reed case ;)
All the PICs I use are supported by the PK2 / Junebug. As for speed the single stepping mode is slowed by the number of watch variables you're viewing and do you really need to see more than a handful (you can group them into sets)
If you're a serious programmer you'll probably want the very fast ICD3 (emulation is fast as it's done internally via an FPGA)
Most hobbiests / students / experimenters are still using crappy old JDM programmers and have never even used a debugger.
IMHO between the MPLAB simulator (code testing) and a debugger (I/O, real world) the PK2 is the best PIC programmers tool for less than $50

I built the Junebug as a tool designed as the programmer built for my kits & breadboarding (the 2x5 connector was chosen for reliability, durability & availability.

I built the Junebug as a tool designed as the programmer built for my kits & breadboarding (the 2x5 connector was chosen for reliability, durability & availability.

I love my Junebug Bill ;)

Your decision to go with the 2x5 connector was good one, much better and practical than the 6-pin socket on the PICKit2 I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back