Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

File upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

april

Having trouble uploading a photo as upload button opens a file searcher which does not work for me.
It opens a window which tells the system it has a height but not a width so it displays as about 2 pages wide? Cant select anything in the file browser.

Looking closer it actually opens with a size (minus)- 832 x 752 and if I choose to resize it it immediately drops to 0 x 740 or so. The x is reading zero and displaying about two pages wide and the y looks OK ?

Does anybody else have this problem?
Using Linux and Mozilla Seamonkey browser
The page for uploading the avatar works fine

Last edited:
I'm wondering if some site supervisor or whoever claims to be doing something other than trying to poff users, might have a look at this please .
Thats what this thread is for isn't it? Its been 2 days

Last edited:
I think there are issues with some browsers, However! They don't seem to be consistent. I some times have issues with firefox but not with chrome. Only EM can sort this out so you have to wait until he can look into it!

I don't think it's a site issue, I have problems with firefox on one pc, but firefox on the laptop is fine! I would bet you have a extension or add on issue in the browser. Mozilla was great once, but lately i find there stuff painful at times. I am pretty sure if it was a site issue, then there would be a pattern. So far the only pattern is 'SOME' firefox or other mozilla product's have issues, to me that indicates a browser addon problem

Uh huh but you are missing the fact that another file upload box for the avatar upload works fine?

Not really, my guess is that box takes smaller files so no conflict. Really difficult to say, but i only have trouble with firefox, and only on one pc. Logic say's that firefox must be configured differently (add on's etc) from the one that works, that cant then be a site issue.

Image0203.jpg
Image0203.jpg
OK thanks I'll give that a try and come back .
Edit- As you can see that worked fine for image and thumbnail thanks, and I am using flash but I'll now check out the version . Perhaps I need an update . More to do anyway

For ghostman ,as the download box opens up correctly there before the file upload choice can be made, I doubt the file size makes any difference at that point. Simply the choice cannot be made in the normal upload box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back