Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Few questions for my first project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejuggla1

I'm setting up a bunch of LEDs to make numbers(in rows like how calculator numbers work), they are going to be for a countdown timer 45 seconds Green, 15 seconds Red then back to green and repeat. I've done some work with the 4017 before so it has really helped me in theory of setting this up.

I have very little knowledge about electronic parts and need some help with the Theory. I figure I can somehow send the signal to green sequence for 45 seconds then switch the power over to the red sequence for 15 seconds then back to green to start the cycle again.

I plan on use 4017 and diodes to light up each number for the countdown and starting the sequence with the 4017 lighting up "5" in the LEDs since both the countdown starts with 5.

Some problems I have are:

How would I make the green come on for 45 seconds then red for 15?

Since it is counting down from 45 seconds how do I make the 4x stay on for 5 seconds but then 3x 2x and 1x stay on for the 10 seconds?

My best guess for the last 2 would set up an sequencer IC to have each pin stay on for 5 seconds and send 1 pin to make up the 4 then send 2 pins in the that are together sequence to power the 3 2 and then the 1 resulting in them staying on for 10 seconds

Once below 10 seconds I don't need the second digit and would like it to shut off the second digit, would I just leave the sequencer pins going nowhere or is this a bad idea?

In some cases of this project I might need different amount of pins on the sequencer is there different models that come with different amounts of sequencer pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back