Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Faraday Cage the Jim Williams Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

The late great Jim Williams Posted this in a app note back in the 70's, very clever and I suppose it was this think outside the box Haha, that made him so sought after.

faradayCage.PNG

What really puzzles me though is, how on earth could he work on this bench from hell?

291880-jim_williams_in_his_lab_2007.jpg

Ha ha good one.

Looks normal to me.

Anything more organized than that and you are wasting too much time on cleaning and not enough on doing. ;)

The late great Jim Williams Posted this in a app note back in the 70's, very clever and I suppose it was this think outside the box Haha, that made him so sought after.

View attachment 99438

What really puzzles me though is, how on earth could he work on this bench from hell?

I wish I had a picture of Bob Pease's office. It was stacked floor to ceiling with books and paper, a genuine seismic hazard...... The stuff was packed behind his chair and in the afternoon he would nod off without tipping over backwards (seriously). I had the office next to his for a year and the snoring sounded like a jet engine.

The opposite is not necessarily a good sign of anything. Maybe, just plain laziness.

jobs-home-office.jpeg

Physicist Adam Frank explains:

“The hard truth is that the universe itself is dead-set against our long-term efforts to bring order to the chaos in our lives. That's because the universe loves chaos.”

That chaos; that disorder; that messiness; that randomness—for physicists, it has a name: Entropy.

Messy, disorganized people might get a bad rap and be labeled lazy, but they are not really lazy. They’ve just seen the light and decided to go with the flow instead of swimming against the current. They would rather spend their limited time in this world doing what they perceive as more meaningful tasks for them, than keep going round in circles on tedious, joyless, recurring activities like tidying up.
;)

https://webwriterspotlight.com/perfect-mess-why-disorganized-people-are-more-creative-and-productive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back