Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fantastic, Incandescent bulbs are banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked about the spark that ignites my new furnace. They said it doesn't have a spark, it has a glow plug. I wonder when it will burn out.

They said it doesn't have a spark, it has a glow plug. I wonder when it will burn out.

When your service plan expires buy them in bulk! :rolleyes:

Better yet before it expires I suggest asking for a spare one or two for 'just in case' should the weather ever get too bad for the service guy to get to you quickly. Its just smart insurance. :)

Everyone I know thats got a glow plug ignited furnace seems to have at least one or two spare glow plugs on hand at all times. And a bad experience to explain why. :eek:

One glow plug may last for years. The next one could die the day after it was replaced and the one after that may go for years again.

Glow plugs will generally last a VERY long time. It's just a hunk of metal designed to be at temperature indefinitely.

You only get 2.5kw of heat out per KW input when the ambient temperature is above a certain limit though don't you ?

Ok if you're living in a milder climate but less efficient in the cooler climates.

It still gives you more heat out than power in under most conditions though.

Your fridge doesn't stop working if it gets too warm. Yes, the efficiency goes down as the ambient drops but absolute worst case, a system designed to heat, never drops below 100%.

As I live in a hot climate my system is designed for cooling and so is less efficient at heating. However, it is still the cheapest way (energy wise) to heat a home.

If you check wikipedia they quote 3-4kW out per kW in. Check the table, with a source of 10C water and an output temperature of 35C they quote a CoP of 7.2! Even at -20C they quote 2.2!

Mike.

Talking about natural gas.. Does our poo produce enough gas to be recollected and used to power something up? If that house has eight poo producers.. let's say. Someone must have done it before, eh?

Talking about natural gas.. Does our poo produce enough gas to be recollected and used to power something up? If that house has eight poo producers.. let's say. Someone must have done it before, eh?

If I feed my wife onion and garlic she produces enough gas to heat the house for a week :eek:

If I feed my wife onion and garlic she produces enough gas to heat the house for a week :eek:

Feed her with beans and peas. The gas production will be about 10 times higher than with onions and garlic. Addionally she'll put on weight producing even more gas.

Sell the overproduction for good profit. :D

Green gas: yes it can be done...

Hi

(My first post here, BTW...)

Yes, it is possible to put gas into the natural-gas grid from various sources including sewage. Thus 'green gas' just like 'green electricity' in the electricity grid...

Here's one UK power retailer proposing to start an electricity and gas 'duel fuel' tariff where most of the electricity comes from their turbines and the gas will increasingly come from 'zero carbon' sources such as sewage and anaerobic digestion:

Our Green Gas - About Ecotricity - Ecotricity

Disclaimer: I buy my electricity from Ecotricity, and intend to buy gas from them too, and have a commercial relationship with them.

Rgds

Damon

Everything you ever wanted to know about turning poo into gas. It's actually a very interesting document.

Mike.

It's flammable, so do not try near sparky places :D
**broken link removed**
Is there anything true with this one:
YouTube - Hillary Clinton Farts!
..and I forgot where this exclusive deodorant factory is:
**broken link removed**

I remember my Chemistry lab, where the beautiful teacher a kept a H2S flask prior to salt analysis experiments and the followed scenarios..;)

I would tend to think that her breath smells just as bad.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back