Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Resource icon

Fan control circuit (lm317) 2013-05-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroMaster

Administrator
ElectroMaster submitted a new article:

Fan Control Circuit (LM317) - This is an illustrated tutorial on building a variable voltage control for fans and other units, ba

This is an illustrated tutorial on building a variable voltage control for fans and other units, based on the LM317 regulator. It efficiently allows voltage adjustment from 1.25V to 11.5V with the turn of a knob.

View attachment 53417
The LM317T is an extremely common positive voltage regulator - many laboratory supplies and other equipment are based on it. It can produce any amount between 1.25V and up to 35V by adjusting the resistance (opposition to current) between its adjustment pin and...

Read more about this article...

Hello to all..first post...I've built the above unit and it work's great for such a simple unit..

thanks for circuit..

First post as well here. I was looking for a relatively simple fan controller using stuff I have laying around, and this fits the bill exactly. I am very much a novice at this stuff, and I was able to follow the directions easily. I can tell you that the controller works perfectly. Thanks for the great info, and for my new favorite website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back