Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

False triggering of a 555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could do this (see attached). But when the pump starts with the manual switch I think the current surge will affect the timer.

I could do this (see attached). But when the pump starts with the manual switch I think the current surge will affect the timer.

Attachments

• elec schematic timer  filling-multi-contact-switch-1.jpg
    elec schematic timer filling-multi-contact-switch-1.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 148
Well, that made no sense. Too bad you can't delete a previuos thread.

Attachments

• elec schematic timer  filling-multi-contact-switch-2.jpg
    elec schematic timer filling-multi-contact-switch-2.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 161
If more contacts could be added to the switch I could isolate the timer from the the voltage regulator. Or perhaps these contacts can be replaced by relays.

Attachments

• elec schematic timer  filling-multi-contact-switch-3.jpg
    elec schematic timer filling-multi-contact-switch-3.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 125
I'm beginning to think I don't need all these contacts on the manual switch. If the MOSFET source is open then the timer cannot affect the pump motor even if it triggers.

Attachments

• elec schematic timer  filling-multi-contact-switch-5.jpg
    elec schematic timer filling-multi-contact-switch-5.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 143
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back